cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

NSO HA with 3rd party system

Hi team,

Do we have such a case/requirement that NSO is the master, and if it fails, 3rd party system(e.g.,NMS) is required to take over the master role?

If yes, how to sync up the services provisioned by NSO to 3rd party system?

And how to make sure the consistency in case double-fault happened:NSO down and some devices down at the same time, so that some services can’t be 100% recovered.

Any feedbacks/advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Yuanchao Su

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: NSO HA with 3rd party system

I agree with Roque, this solution is quite difficult to implement and has many issues the least of which you listed below.

-Dan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Customers have concerns that NSO may hit some bugs, so they need different system for backup,kind of dual-vendor strategy.

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hmm, how will two systems sync up what has been configured? Run service discovery after coming master? And keeping up-to-date, develop solutions for two systems would be expensive and I guess also will take time. It is not like having two sets of routers…

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

I agree with Roque, this solution is quite difficult to implement and has many issues the least of which you listed below.

-Dan

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Every design that I am aware of that is meant to have vendor diversity in control systems (let’s say avionics or the CERN accelerator) is built as two completely separate stacks. What you are proposing is just scaring IMHO.

R.

Content for Community-Ad
Cisco Community May 2020 Spotlight Award Winners