Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
khgrant
Cisco Employee

NSO throwing "Internal error"

Hi,

Getting this strange issue. After running this re-deploys or services resulting in touching this device NSO is throwing this strange error.

Any ideas?

admin@ncs(config)# no devices device ACCR2

admin@ncs(config)# commit

Aborted: Internal error

admin@ncs(config)#

admin@ncs(config)# devices device ACCR2 sync-from

result false

info Internal error

admin@ncs(config)#

Even stopping and starting NSO doesn’t change anything. Only way I could recover is after I delete the cdb and restart ncs.

Another info, there is no issue with the filesystem, there is ample amount of space.

====================

<DEBUG> 11-May-2016::15:38:32.161 an-demo-tailf ncs[5147]: devel-c trans_lock succeeded daemon id: 4 session id: 2638

<DEBUG> 11-May-2016::15:38:32.161 an-demo-tailf ncs[5147]: ncs commit progress db=running usid=822 thandle=2638:  ok

<DEBUG> 11-May-2016::15:38:32.161 an-demo-tailf ncs[5147]: ncs commit progress db=running usid=822 thandle=2638:   validate: creating rollback file...

==> ncs.log <==

<ERR> 11-May-2016::15:38:32.179 an-demo-tailf ncs[5147]: - Error while creating rollback file: ./logs/rollback10043.prepare: Internal error

==> devel.log <==

<DEBUG> 11-May-2016::15:38:32.180 an-demo-tailf ncs[5147]: ncs commit progress db=running usid=822 thandle=2638:  error

<DEBUG> 11-May-2016::15:38:32.180 an-demo-tailf ncs[5147]: devel-c trans_unlock request daemon id: 4 session id: 2638

<DEBUG> 11-May-2016::15:38:32.180 an-demo-tailf ncs[5147]: devel-c trans_unlock succeeded daemon id: 4 session id: 2638

Thanks,

Kalyan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Klacke and all

I have successfully used the following process to initiate bug reporting or other NSO related issues:

1) Navigate to : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/index.html

2) Log in using your CEC credentials to open a case: https://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/scm/mgmt/case

3)  A couple of input areas to keep in mind:

(a) If you don’t have a customer contract for which you are opening a ticket, select "

(b) Enter pertinent information and select NSO as the product like so:

Complete the case details and click Finish

Add any logs, screenshots etc., or input for Support to escalate to Tail-f Engineering.

Hope that helps !!

Thanks & Regards,

Nick Khemani

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hello, an internal error is always a bug.

Try to minimize the setup and how to reproduce it.

File a bug report with the steps to reproduce it.

/Dag

khgrant
Cisco Employee

And at a minimum, describe what you did and include the

logs/ncserr.log.* files since it's a bug and will never get fixed unless reported.

Do regular Cisco users (like you here) have access to the tailf RT bug tracker. How does this work?

/klacke

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi Klacke,

That is a big problem -no we do not have access. I have to work through a tail-f Sales Architect, John Clowers whenever NED or issues like below arise.

I had a similar issue yesterday after my Devices went away unexpectedly (they are KVM VMs) and left services within NSO - 4.1.1.  After recreating my devices I was unable to delete the services.

I was able to resolve by redeploying the services to new VM Devices and then deleting them.

JA

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Ok - not good.

Who can fix this ? Seems like a no-brainer that there should be an easy an official way of reporting NSO bugs/issues for internal Cisco folks.

This mailing list is clearly not the right format.

/klacke

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Klacke and all

I have successfully used the following process to initiate bug reporting or other NSO related issues:

1) Navigate to : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/index.html

2) Log in using your CEC credentials to open a case: https://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/scm/mgmt/case

3)  A couple of input areas to keep in mind:

(a) If you don’t have a customer contract for which you are opening a ticket, select "

(b) Enter pertinent information and select NSO as the product like so:

Complete the case details and click Finish

Add any logs, screenshots etc., or input for Support to escalate to Tail-f Engineering.

Hope that helps !!

Thanks & Regards,

Nick Khemani

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

Nick describes the correct process, which is to use Cisco TAC (CSOne). RT is for post-sales Tail-f legacy customers and requires named accounts and does not scale either.

But everyone at Cisco has access to Cisco TAC and for NSO cases, this is linked to RT on the backend. We are in the process of linking CDETS to Tail-f as well, but this route is not yet fully working.

So for now, follow Nick's description. Thanks Nick for detailing the process!

Ulf