Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Cisco Employee

NSO-WAE demo help

Hi,

My customer is considering NSO and WAE Design & Automation for their network.  They would like to use NSO to create new L2 & L3 VPN services while integrating it with WAE to determine if the network can support the new service.  In this case NSO would be the deployer for TE tunnels.

Does anyone have to the ability to demo this over Webex?  I looked at dCloud and I see a NSO-WAE demo but its more WAE focused and uses Postman to send commands from WAE to NSO to deploy the tunnel.  My customer would like to see it more from the NSO cli.

Thanks,

Jerry

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: NSO-WAE demo help

Hi Dirk-Jan, Jerry,

yes, we have build the Agile Carrier Ethernet architecture that combines Segment Routing with NSO Service Orchestration and a PCE controller for intra- and inter-domain path calculation/optimization.

Currently we are using XRv as the centralized PCE but WAE could likely fulfill the same function.

Please refer to the attached slides that describe the solution.

The demo is hosted on our Innovation Lab in Paris and is ready for customer demos (will be show at Cisco Live and MWC in the next two weeks as well).

NSO automates L2 and L3 VPN provisioning and the PCE calculates the inter-domain path based on IGP or TE metric in this setup.

BR Alex

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Jerry,

I have spent some time working on NSO/WAE integration for exactly this purpose. The logistics of this integration is still under discussion with the WAE team but for a quick demo I am sure we can get their blessing.  I also have some LSP service packages that I can easily tweak to fit your use case.

If your keen, reach out to myself and Martin Thygesen  from the WANO team for a quick chat.

Cheers,

Dan.

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel, in this case it might be easier to use the demo Derek & Dan have put together.

Hi Jerry, Derek has worked with Dan (NSO solution architect) to build a demo going over precisely this use case. He is in Asia this week, perhaps you guys can do a quick call together.

Thanks,

Ramanan

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Thinking about it a bit more … both solutions could be very useful here.  Daniel -  did you guys already connect? 

If not I can setup a call for tomorrow & try and bridge the various timezones.

Ramanan

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Maybe Alex can help you.

He made this demo:

https://cisco.jiveon.com/docs/DOC-873656

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Dirk-Jan, Jerry,

yes, we have build the Agile Carrier Ethernet architecture that combines Segment Routing with NSO Service Orchestration and a PCE controller for intra- and inter-domain path calculation/optimization.

Currently we are using XRv as the centralized PCE but WAE could likely fulfill the same function.

Please refer to the attached slides that describe the solution.

The demo is hosted on our Innovation Lab in Paris and is ready for customer demos (will be show at Cisco Live and MWC in the next two weeks as well).

NSO automates L2 and L3 VPN provisioning and the PCE calculates the inter-domain path based on IGP or TE metric in this setup.

BR Alex

View solution in original post

This widget could not be displayed.