cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Offline sync-from file?

Is it possible to trick a CLI based NED to sync from a config file rather than device? It would be handy to have the ability to load an “offline” NSO with a customer’s configs for initial service development. A copy paste  directly into NSO usually fails as the tail-f cli extensions are not applied to the config being pasted.

I can modify the NED’s methods to read from a file rather than SSH, but curious to see if anyone has tried this before.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Is it possible to trick a CLI based NED to sync from a config file rather than device? It would be handy to have the ability to load an “offline” NSO with a customer’s configs for initial service development. A copy paste  directly into NSO usually fails as the tail-f cli extensions are not applied to the config being pasted.

I can modify the NED’s methods to read from a file rather than SSH, but curious to see if anyone has tried this before.

The pioneer package can do that. Unicast me, and I'll give you the details.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
khgrant
Cisco Employee

In this case, I would try to get a NETSIM device that represents that configuration. We do that all the time, you do not develop services in the lab.

khgrant
Cisco Employee

The pioneer package can do that. Unicast me, and I'll give you the details.

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the response. If you have something that would work for XR that would be great. Really it is just for me to use my customer prod configs for my own development work, but it would also be good when I do demos to the customer to be using their configs.

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad