Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
joao.lopes
Beginner

onepk at L2 switching level

Is it possible to use onePK to manipulate L2 Ethernet frames, like insert new headers? As far as I could see, Nexus switches are supported only at v1.1 and the Data Path service set is not available.

Regards,

JPL

4 REPLIES 4
einarnn
Cisco Employee

When you have a version of onePK that has DPSS support on Nexus, then yes, you will be able to inject entire L2 frames of a custom format to the OUTPUT of interfaces. However, there may be hardware validation of frames that could cause the packet to be dropped by the hardware, so exactly what frame formats you will be able to create will have limits. Some of the validation may also depend on the configuration of the interface you are injecting packets to.

Cheers,

Einar

Einar,

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you have knowledge about when a version of onePK with DPSS support on Nexus will be released?

Regards,

JPL

Hi JPL,

Thanks for your interest in Data Path Service Set (DPSS)  support on the Nexus switching platforms.

While there are no plans to support DPSS on the Nexus switching platforms in the near term, can you provide the target Nexus switching platform numbers you have in mind along with a brief description of what you plan to do with them and how you see them providing value to your company?  I'd be more than happy to get this on the radar for future development.

Best Regards,

David

Product Manager, onePK

Hi David,

I was looking to OnePK as a perfect tookit to perform a POC in Cisco gear for a zero touch alternative to the Spanning Tree Protocol I have developed. For that, I would need DPSS support on the Nexus switching platforms.

Moreover, from my large experience in networking support and operation, I see a lot of potentialities in terms of security, management and traffic engineering, at L2 level.

Thanks for your interest and feedback.

Regards,

JPL

Content for Community-Ad

This widget could not be displayed.