Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

onePK support for N5k?

Hi all,

The Nexus 5000 Product page alludes that onePK is available for the platform.  However, I can find no evidence of this from the Compat Matrix.  Is there currently a rough ETA of when support is expected?

Many thanks

dan

[1] http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/nexus-5000-series-switches/index.html

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beginner

Re: onePK support for N5k?

Hello Dan

It looks like the Nexus gear was left out from the latest release of the toolkit (1.3). That is too bad and frustrating since it was in the 1.2 release.  There is a NX API, but it looks like is only for the 3K and 9K platforms.

7 REPLIES 7
Beginner

Just wanted to add the following -

"

One Platform Kit (OnePK)

Support has been added for One Platform Kit (onePK) Turbo API. OnePK is a cross-platform API and software development kit that enables you to develop applications that interact directly with Cisco networking devices. onePK provides you access to networking services by using a set of controlled APIs that share the same programming model and style. For more information, see the following URL: "

Cisco Nexus 5500 Series Release Notes, Cisco NX-OS Release 7.x - Cisco

If this is really so, why is the official Compatibility Matrix not updated to reflect this fact?

Thanks!

dan

Beginner

Hello Dan

It looks like the Nexus gear was left out from the latest release of the toolkit (1.3). That is too bad and frustrating since it was in the 1.2 release.  There is a NX API, but it looks like is only for the 3K and 9K platforms.

Beginner

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for your reply.  Are you able to cite that in official Cisco docs by any chance?  I'd like to take this to our account manager and see if we can't find out whether or not there is a roadmap of platform support.  It's curious to say the least that the n5k support would be suddenly "dropped" (don't want to jump the gun here, though).

Cheers

dan

Highlighted
Beginner

The Nexus 5K & 7K are not supported according with the 1.3 release notes; see below:

https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/7513cf78-ef38-4232-82b5-21e36083d581

This is really bad news for me... I'm considering giving up with onepk and start using netconf/xml via the xml management interface. I don't like the idea of parsing xml, but this onepk seems to be a moving target!!!!

Beginner

Thanks Rafael - I feel your frustration also.

jclarke - Sorry to pull you in like this, but can you possibly comment on the availability/roadmap for N5k & N7k support please?

thanks

dan

Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

What I have heard is that the NX-OS strategy is to use the Python-based NXAPI instead of onePK for device programmability.  Beyond the N3K, I have not seen work to incorporate onePK.

Beginner

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your info - it does seem like the strategy for NX-OS-based switches is the NXAPI; i'll look into that.

Thanks again both of you for your time.

dan

Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards
This widget could not be displayed.