cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Open Stack Integration with OnePK

Hello,

I am trying to understand, design and test a use case for integrating Open Stack Integration with OnePK. Currently we have All-in-One Pk and ODL VMs on ESXi hosts interfaced to physical/virtual network infrastructure southbound(Cisco IOS and vIOS routers/switches) and to be integrated to Open Stack systems Northbound. For Open Stack, the plan is to use Mirantis Open Stack with Red Hat Linux Open Stack Distribution as well as other open stack distributions.

I have the following queries:

1. Is there a onePK plugin available on OpenStack via the Neutron/Nova capabilities within OpenStack.

2. Can we run OnePK instances within the Open Stack compute node to replicate the OnePK VMs on ESXi hosts?

3. Also understand that tools like Puppet on Open Stack can be leveraged to automate configuration and Management.

What is the best way to go about integrating ( using a few or all of the above) or using elements of OnePk to program network elements from Open Stack.

Thanks and Regards,

Mohan

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted

In the 4node.virl, the cert paths for router1-router3 are copied from the 3node.virl, but for router4, which is a newly generated cert, this is the path shown below

cisco@onepk:~/vmcloud-example-networks/4node$ ls

4node.virl  router1.con  router1.p12  router2.con  router2.p12  router3.con  router3.p12  router4.con

cisco@onepk:~/vmcloud-example-networks/4node$ cd ~cisco/.simpleCA/

cisco@onepk:~/.simpleCA$ ls

baseNE.cnf  createCA_NG.sh  createNEp12.sh        create_truststore.sh_bak  dbNE         simpleCA.cnf

common.sh   createCA.sh     create_truststore.sh  dbCA      router4.p12  simpleCA.README.txt

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

A while back I built a presentation that goes over a number of aspects of the AiO VM.  One of the sections dealt with creating custom topologies, and I actually built a sample 4node.  Here are the slides from that deck that may help explain how to create the topology .virl files.

Highlighted

Hi Joseph,

Excellent document and thanks very much indeed. W

Hi ,

Thanks very much indeed and i think the R4 certificate was not created. will try the above vmcloud config and revert.

Highlighted

Still getting the same parsing error..

cisco@onepk:~$ vmcloud netcreate -v ~/vmcloud-example-networks/4node/4node.virl 4node

Using default configuration: /etc/vmcloud/vmcloudrc

Launching NDE network ...

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vmcloud/action/vmCloud.py", line 279, in netcreate

toponame)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vmcloud/parser/virlParser.py", line 245, in getVirlParser

toponame)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vmcloud/parser/virlParser.py", line 42, in __init__

self.validateVirl()

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vmcloud/parser/virlParser.py", line 167, in validateVirl

src_intf = ctxt(src)[0].attrib['name']

IndexError: list index out of range

None

netcreate :list index out of range

NDE network launch: Failed

Highlighted

Can you post your .virl file?

Highlighted

Hi Joseph,

Thanks and here is the 4 node Virl file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<topology xmlns="http://www.cisco.com/VIRL" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" schemaVersion="0.3" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.cisco.com/VIRL http://cide.cisco.com/vmmaestro/schema/virl.xsd">

<node name="router1" type="SIMPLE" subtype="vios" location="188,263" vmImage="/usr/share/vmcloud/data/images/vios.ova">

<extensions>

<entry key="bootstrap configuration" type="String">/home/cisco/vmcloud-example-networks/4node/router1.con</entry>

<entry key="import files" type="String">/home/cisco/vmcloud-example-networks/4node/router1.p12</entry>

</extensions>

<interface name="GigabitEthernet0/0"/>

<interface name="GigabitEthernet0/1"/>

<interface name="GigabitEthernet0/2"/>

<interface name="GigabitEthernet0/3"/>

</node>

<node name="router2" type="SIMPLE" subtype="vios" location="488,319" vmImage="/usr/share/vmcloud/data/images/vios.ova">

<extensions>

<entry key="bootstrap configuration" type="String">/home/cisco/vmcloud-example-networks/4node/router2.con</entry>

<entry key="import files" type="String">/home/cisco/vmcloud-example-networks/4node/router2.p12</entry>

</extensions>

</node>

<node name="router3" type="SIMPLE" subtype="vios" location="371,407" vmImage="/usr/share/vmcloud/data/images/vios.ova">

<extensions>

<entry key="bootstrap configuration" type="String">/home/cisco/vmcloud-example-networks/4node/router3.con</entry>

<entry key="import files" type="String">/home/cisco/vmcloud-example-networks/4node/router3.p12</entry>

</extensions>

</node>

<node name="router4" type="SIMPLE" subtype="vios" location="188,263" vmImage="/usr/share/vmcloud/data/images/vios.ova">

<extensions>

<entry key="bootstrap configuration" type="String">/home/cisco/vmcloud-example-networks/4node/router4.con</entry>

<entry key="import files" type="String">/home/cisco/vmcloud-example-networks/4node/router4.p12</entry>

</extensions>

<interface name="GigabitEthernet0/3"/>

</node>

<node name="vmc_lan_1" type="SEGMENT" location="374,520"/>

<node name="eth1" type="ASSET" location="671,235">

<interface name="none0"/>

<interface name="none1"/>

</node>

<node name="lan_ex" type="SEGMENT" location="722,161"/>

<connection src="/topology/node[1]/interface[1]" dst="/topology/node[2]/interface[1]"/>

<connection src="/topology/node[1]/interface[2]" dst="/topology/node[3]/interface[1]"/>

<connection src="/topology/node[1]/interface[3]" dst="/topology/node[4]/interface[1]"/>

<connection src="/topology/node[2]/interface[2]" dst="/topology/node[4]/interface[2]"/>

<connection src="/topology/node[3]/interface[2]" dst="/topology/node[4]/interface[3]"/>

<connection src="/topology/node[3]/interface[3]" dst="/topology/node[6]"/>

<connection src="/topology/node[5]/interface[1]" dst="/topology/node[6]"/>

<connection src="/topology/node[1]/interface[4]" dst="/topology/node[6]"/>

<connection src="/topology/node[2]/interface[3]" dst="/topology/node[5]/interface[2]"/>

</topology>

Highlighted

Your indexes are off.  I think you want this.

Highlighted

Hi Joseph,

Sorry was not in the advanced editing mode, so could not see the attach icon ..anyway have attached it now and i will generate the cert for the new router and may be that is causing the issue.

Thanks again,

Mohan

Highlighted
Enthusiast

cp ~/.simpleCA/router4.p12 ~/vmcloud-example-networks/4node

Highlighted

Thanks..i have tried that but still keep getting the "index error" when i create the topology..may b i should generate new certs for all the routers and try again.

Highlighted

I didn't used to "virl configuration" to own topology. :-X

Highlighted

Finally got it working..had to recreate certs for all the routers and remove the ASSET type from the 4node.virl files and success. Many thanks for your help.

cisco@onepk:~/vmcloud-example-networks/4node$ vmcloud netcreate -v 4node.virl 4node

Using default configuration: /etc/vmcloud/vmcloudrc

Launching NDE network ...

Created domain: cisco.4node.router1 (console=127.0.0.1 3533, aux=127.0.0.1 3534)

Created domain: cisco.4node.router2 (console=127.0.0.1 3535, aux=127.0.0.1 3536)

Created domain: cisco.4node.router3 (console=127.0.0.1 3537, aux=127.0.0.1 3538)

Created domain: cisco.4node.router4 (console=127.0.0.1 3539, aux=127.0.0.1 3540)

NDE network launch: Success

cisco@onepk:~/vmcloud-example-networks/4node$

Content for Community-Ad
Cisco Community October 2020 Spotlight Award Winners
This widget could not be displayed.