Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

OpenStack for ESC/VMS

Can somebody point me to:

1. Canonical contact person

1. BOM or part numbers for Canonical OpenStack solution to work with ESC and/or VMS

Background: working on a project to insert ESC as part of a cloud IaaS project with an evolution plan to insert full VMS stack at a later stage. We have readily the RedHat info, but seems VMS is running on Canonical.

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: OpenStack for ESC/VMS

I believe the official Openstack release the BU tested with ESC was Ice House for both Canonical and RedHat. Recently, I built up a Juno release Canonical OpenStack manually by hand for the ongoing SingTel NFV and it is working fine so far with ESC 1.0.0.14 (FCS). There were a few tweaks in the mySQL connection limit required to allow ESC to glance an image properly but other than that it is working okay.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

I believe the official Openstack release the BU tested with ESC was Ice House for both Canonical and RedHat. Recently, I built up a Juno release Canonical OpenStack manually by hand for the ongoing SingTel NFV and it is working fine so far with ESC 1.0.0.14 (FCS). There were a few tweaks in the mySQL connection limit required to allow ESC to glance an image properly but other than that it is working okay.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

The BU is also looking to support ESC on RDO Juno. Here's the dates I have from them:

• Lab validation: august/sept. 2015
  • Live validation : october —> december 2015
  • System in production: January/Feb. 2016

Content for Community-Ad
Cisco Community July 2020 Spotlight Award Winners
This widget could not be displayed.