Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Restconf

Hi,

What is the current support in NSO for restconf SB?

If we have a “device” that supports restconf and a yang model – how would we talk to that device?  Would we import it as a regular netconf device or?

I did not find anything in the docs. A search of the docs yields the NB restconf API  interface of NSO.

Thanks, JA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
khgrant
Cisco Employee

JA,

If we have a “device” that supports restconf and a yang model – how would we talk to that device?  Would we import it as a regular netconf device or?

I did not find anything in the docs. A search of the docs yields the NB restconf API  interface of NSO.

RESTCONF may be ok when an application only needs to communicate with one agent (device/server/orchestrator/...), e.g. NSO. It's less suitable when an application needs to talk to multiple agents since RESTCONF lacks the concept of network-wide transactions. NETCONF is a much better choice in that situation. So architecturally RESTCONF SB from NSO isn't ideal, given that we invariably have an array of things to orchestrate.

Best Regards,

/jan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi,

At this stage, we would need to create a generic NED for it. I hope that one day we would be able to import it as we do with NETCONF.

Roque

khgrant
Cisco Employee

JA,

RESTCONF may be ok when an application only needs to communicate with one agent (device/server/orchestrator/...), e.g. NSO. It's less suitable when an application needs to talk to multiple agents since RESTCONF lacks the concept of network-wide transactions. NETCONF is a much better choice in that situation. So architecturally RESTCONF SB from NSO isn't ideal, given that we invariably have an array of things to orchestrate.

Best Regards,

/jan

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad