cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
khgrant
Cisco Employee

SDN and NSO

Hi Team,

Can anyone point me to NSO integration use cases with SDN controllers.  How about with VTS?

Thanks,JA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi Julie,

I’ve done a POC with the APIC controller. The use-case was cross-domain orchestration from a single touch-point. Across DataCenter (APIC) and MPLS Core (ASR9k).

Also, regarding VTS, NSO doesn’t directly talk to it. VTS is installed as a plug-in for the VIM (OpenStack, vCenter/ESXi). NSO needs to only talk to VTS if there is a physical appliance connected to the TOR and we want to service-chain that in. The use-case here will be to build the overlay which involves a PNF in the service-chain.

Then there is ongoing talks to integrate NSO with WAE. This is to offer services such as BCal, BOD from a single touch-point (NSO).

Thanks,

1. Bilal.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi Julie,

I’ve done a POC with the APIC controller. The use-case was cross-domain orchestration from a single touch-point. Across DataCenter (APIC) and MPLS Core (ASR9k).

Also, regarding VTS, NSO doesn’t directly talk to it. VTS is installed as a plug-in for the VIM (OpenStack, vCenter/ESXi). NSO needs to only talk to VTS if there is a physical appliance connected to the TOR and we want to service-chain that in. The use-case here will be to build the overlay which involves a PNF in the service-chain.

Then there is ongoing talks to integrate NSO with WAE. This is to offer services such as BCal, BOD from a single touch-point (NSO).

Thanks,

1. Bilal.

View solution in original post

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad