Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
khgrant
Cisco Employee

SP MANO - NAWO and BWOD

Hi,

long story short, a huge bank from Spain with worldwide presence, the BBVA, issued an RFP to the service providers asking for SDN features for their WAN. One thing they ask for is the bandwidth on demand feature. My customer Telefonica International (in the process of deploying NSO) is answering this RFP and they asked from us what would be needed to provide the service.

I found the PPT form salesforce SP MANO - Network Aware Workload Optimization (NAWO) and Bandwidth on Demand (BWoD), https://salesconnect.cisco.com/#/content-detail/2718b4fa-162a-4f03-aa03-55aa9b7b4841 but unfortunately all the product managers in the project seem not to be in Cisco anymore.

Do any have you know something about this? Are we still trying to develop it or sell it somehow? Or would the provider need to custom build the service based on NSO + WAE?

Thanks!!

Nacho

2 REPLIES 2
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi Nacho,

I think you need to go one level deeper on what you mean by “bandwidth on demand”.

If the request is to be able to provide to the customer an API to change the BW of a CPE-PE connection, NSO only is enough (with some qualifications policy logic against access capacity). You just need to find the right API call in your service model.

If they want to offer guaranteed BW across the network, then you need to add WAE.

Regards,

Roque

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi Roque,

thanks! yes I guess so :-) In fact there was (or there appeared to be) an application built on NSO+WAE under project skywalker which exactly did this. The full use-case comes to offering a portal to the end customer who requests a given bandwidth between to PEs in the provider network and that triggers WAE to build a specific LSP at that time and to remove it afterwards. I guess it was more complex and it had to change access speed or many other parameters.

The thing is that I know it can be done with the current tools and integration effort but that is somehow hard to price while the custom integrated application was really straightforward :-)

Thanks!!

Nacho

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad