cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Tail-f HCC Package-NCS/NSO 4.0

Hi Team,

We are looking for the Tail-f HCC package for NCS/NSO 4.0 version. Could you let us know the repository link to download the package.

Thanks,

Sujay

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Tail-f HCC Package-NCS/NSO 4.0

Hi all,

The tailf-hcc package is in a bit of flux. Here is the story.

The package was written quite some time ago by Dan Sullivan, originally only for TW telecom.

Later on the package was adopted for a few other customers, most notably AT&T who are still running it.

I really really liked the goal of the tailf-hcc, to be able to handle one single failover - and then nothing more. The idea being that since HA is so hard - let's do a bare minimum.

Since this package was written - and maintained - by Tail-f sales eng team, (Dan and Larry) there were never any official tail-f releases - like there are of e.g the NEDs.

This is about to change, the tailf-hcc package is now developed and maintained by regular tail-f engineering. It has been largely rewritten and that release is not yet officially released. Nor were there any official releases made of the package by original team, Dan/Larry.

Thus there never were any releases released for specific NCS versions, the package always had to be recompiled.

The first official (as in fully documented and tested with complete regression tests) is due sometime this September. In the mean time,

I put the source for the tailf-hcc that is being used in CVPN at

http://earth.tail-f.com/ncs-pkgs/tailf-hcc/tailf-hcc-3.0.8_39c9c53.tar.gz

One final caveat, this code doesn't work with NSO 4.0 - 4.0.1 is getting released tomorrow (I think) and there it works.

/klacke

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cisco Employee

Re: Tail-f HCC Package-NCS/NSO 4.0

Hi all,

The tailf-hcc package is in a bit of flux. Here is the story.

The package was written quite some time ago by Dan Sullivan, originally only for TW telecom.

Later on the package was adopted for a few other customers, most notably AT&T who are still running it.

I really really liked the goal of the tailf-hcc, to be able to handle one single failover - and then nothing more. The idea being that since HA is so hard - let's do a bare minimum.

Since this package was written - and maintained - by Tail-f sales eng team, (Dan and Larry) there were never any official tail-f releases - like there are of e.g the NEDs.

This is about to change, the tailf-hcc package is now developed and maintained by regular tail-f engineering. It has been largely rewritten and that release is not yet officially released. Nor were there any official releases made of the package by original team, Dan/Larry.

Thus there never were any releases released for specific NCS versions, the package always had to be recompiled.

The first official (as in fully documented and tested with complete regression tests) is due sometime this September. In the mean time,

I put the source for the tailf-hcc that is being used in CVPN at

http://earth.tail-f.com/ncs-pkgs/tailf-hcc/tailf-hcc-3.0.8_39c9c53.tar.gz

One final caveat, this code doesn't work with NSO 4.0 - 4.0.1 is getting released tomorrow (I think) and there it works.

/klacke

View solution in original post

Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards