Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Tailf NFVO Bundle - ESC vs NVFIS (ENCS5400)

Dear,

My customer would like to use NSO to orchestrate various VNFs. Some functions are going to be spinned up in Data Centers where ESC will play the role of VNFM. In this case we can take the tailf-nfvo bundle where the tailf-nfvo package (vm-manager in previous versions)

Simplifies the management of the VMs from NSO. In the NFVO Bundle bundle tailf-nfvo contains the YANG models according to the MANO specification. Then we have the tailf-nfvo-ecs package (in previous versions vm-manager-ecs) which is the package that actually talks to the VNFM – ECS in this case via the Netfconf ECS NED.

However what is being positioned for the customer for the vCPE and vFW functions is the ENCS5400 platform - Cisco x86 hardware platform with an embedded NFVIS (Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure Software) based on Centos KVM hypervisor. NFVIS will provide in-box lifecycle management software (esc-lite) that will enable customers to deploy and chain virtualized network functions (VNFs) dynamically on the platform. It will expose Netconf interface so NFVIS NED will be in there. However it will require as well the development of the tail-nfvo-nfvis package which will be called by the tailf-nfvo and will actually talk to the NFVIS of ENCS box.

And here are my question:

• Is there any plan to provide a tailf-nfvo-nfvis package that will provide the tailf-nfvo-ecs like functionalities to talk to the NFVIS.

• Is it fair to assume that tailf-nfvo package that contains YANG model according to MANO specs is generic enough so this one will not need to be updated

Thanks,

Maciej

1 REPLY 1
khgrant
Cisco Employee

• Is there any plan to provide a tailf-nfvo-nfvis package that will provide the tailf-nfvo-ecs like functionalities to talk to the NFVIS.

Not that I heard of. The vBranch package has some of that functionality but not normalised as the NVFO package.  

• Is it fair to assume that tailf-nfvo package that contains YANG model according to MANO specs is generic enough so this one will not need to be updated

Easiest would be to compare the esc-lite models to the normal esc.

Its probably easiest if you contact the ESC team and ask them, they can easily tell you if they differ..

Lets see if I can give it a try. I have the esc-lite models form vBranch but not sure if thats the same..

-- Håkan Niska

Content for Community-Ad