Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Cisco Employee

Technology added: Service Function Chaining (SFC) in OpenDaylight (ODL)

We are adding a new technology to the Hackathon.

Services Function Chaining (SFC) in OpenDaylight (ODL)

Champion(s): Reinaldo Penno <rapenno@gmail.com>, Jim Guichard (jguichar) <jguichar@cisco.com>

Background:

Work items will cover both control and data plane:

• SFC Agent auto-provisioning (SF/SFF configuration-less deployments) (Python)
  • SFC Agent Yang models (Yang)
  • SFC-OVS integration (Java)
  • SFC/NSH Traceroute (Python, Standards work)
  • SFC Classifier (Python, Linux IPtables)
  • NETCONF integration (Java)
  • Review of SFC Yang models and feedback into ODL (Yang, standards)
  • Implementation of Variable Length NSH packets (MD Type 02) in the data plane (Python)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Technology added: Service Function Chaining (SFC) in OpenDaylight (ODL)

Sounds good.  I will probably attend.  Can you answer one thing though?  How would I become a Champion?  Or isn't it relevant for me to become one?  In other words, what's the difference between a Champion and an attendee - is a Champion like a mentor?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: Technology added: Service Function Chaining (SFC) in OpenDaylight (ODL)

Great. You can volunteer yourself to be a champion of a new technology that you would like to see added or a co-champion of an existing technology. We need to have one of more champions for a technology in order to include it in the event. Champions are expected to prepare overview material for a brief (e.g. 10 minute) presentation at the start of the Hackathon, and make themselves available to mentor others and help drive team formation and progress Saturday and Sunday. If any extra setup is required Friday, champions are on the hook for that as well. Hope that helps.

This widget could not be displayed.