cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
khgrant
Cisco Employee

UX team

Regarding the current discussion about UI requirements for NSO

We are currently in the process of starting up an in house UX team at the office in Stockholm. The main focus at the moment is on describing user groups and identifying areas where UX improvements will have the largest impact. The mindset is, that UX should be an integrated part of the product development process rather than a separate step that may be handled externally.

The current discussion is great input to this process, and I already added snippets of the mail-thread to our requirements.

Please let me know if you have any other information or feedback from end-users and solution developers.

Unfortunately Im not a member of the service_orchestration mailing list at the moment, but hopefully Ill be added shortly. Looking forward to getting further input from this group.

regards

/Jakob Cederquist

2 REPLIES 2
khgrant
Cisco Employee

One aspect that is important is the automated representation of the REST API payloads required to drive the YANG models.  My customer really appreciated the Swagger interface that Skyfall provided on top of the VMS IWAN function pack.  Specifically, the self-descriptive representation of the payload parameters.  Since the NSO offers a REST API, it would be very powerful to automatically create the XML/JSON payloads required to drive the REST API.  This would make the REST API as powerful as NetConf where you can query the YANG model for its capabilities.

If we load the YANG model, automatically create the XML/JSON payloads for the REST API.

Scott

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is actually something we'll look at going forward with our REST-api. i.e its in our backlog. Not something we'll support in 4.3 though.

This would make the REST API as powerful as NetConf

I wouldn't go that far.

where you can query the YANG model for its capabilities.

capabilities query will be possible in our upcoming RESTCONF implementation.

If we load the YANG model, automatically create the XML/JSON payloads for the REST API.

Scott

Content for Community-Ad

This widget could not be displayed.