cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
khgrant
Cisco Employee

VNF VIM strategy - final

Team, many thanks for all the 33 inputs provided. Attached you can find the current results which is to be looked upon as a snapshot in time.

Ranga, please analayse this and prepare a short readout + ESC decission. You could than present this on next monthly MANO VT call. Let me know. Thanks!

Regards,

Tony

5 REPLIES 5
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Team,

Two additional inputs added for BT and TIM over the WE, 35 in total. Thanks to all for providing the customer views.

Ranga, please process and prepare for providing a BU readout to the team. thanks

Regards,

Tony

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Tony,

Thanks for compiling/sharing this data.

I am puzzled a bit by the last 2 data sets. If 19 of 35 customers wish to use vCenter as VIM (so having ESXi hypervisors to run the workloads = VNFs, say), then how come only 5 of them would likely run VNFs on ESXi (as 28 of them would run VNFs on openstack/KVM)?

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Rajiv

14 of the respondents will run VNF on Openstack as well as vCenter, e.g. OpenStack in one domain and vCenter on another. See the comments on the “details” tab.

Regards

Khay Kid

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi Khay Kid,

Thanks for the clarity. I was just looking at the graphs and they didn't show that. Would be good to update them. Or did I miss it?

Cheers,

Rajiv Asati

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Team, this is the raw data, not the analysis nor read-out.

I've kindly ask Ranga (BU) to look into all comments and perform a read-out including the BU decission and supporting rational.

Regards,

Tony

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad