Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Cisco Employee

What is the best practise approach for supporting multi-vendor Service models?

I have recently attended the NSO Basic training and one of the areas I would like guidance on is how to provide a Service Yangs which allow for support of multiple vendors. It is a challenge we are constantly faced with and I wanted to know if this is possible without tying a single Service Yang down to the vendors or writing a lot of Java to implement it.

But really, the question is: What is the best practise for modelling multi-vendor services in NSO?

Thank you.

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: What is the best practise approach for supporting multi-vendor Service models?

Raj,

What I do is to use device independent Yang definitions and implement the service code using a combination of Java and XML.

I do believe this approach gives the best flexibility for the implementation, as it let you break down the "CREATE" definition in small parts, use the XML to have agility in the translation to device specific configuration, and Java (or Python) versatility to be able to use some interesting programming constructs such as loops, if/then/else blocks, etc.

Best regards

Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here