Views
Helpful
Replies

AXL - ILS Configuration - modification of role not done

fabien.bonic
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I want to change the role of ILS Configuration to "Spoke Cluster". The request I send to the server is :

<S:Envelope xmlns:S="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><S:Body><ns2:updateIlsConfig xmlns:ns2="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/10.0"><role>Spoke Cluster</role><registrationServer/><synchronizeClustersEvery>5</synchronizeClustersEvery><useTls>false</useTls></ns2:updateIlsConfig></S:Body>

But when I consult the ILS Configuration on the CUCM GUI, the role is "Stand Alone Cluster". Is there an explanation of why the new value was not taken?

Thanks,

Fabien

5 Replies 5

fabien.bonic
Level 5
Level 5

Does anyone have an explanation of why the value was not taken by the CUCM (the value can be setted through CUCM GUI) ?

Thanks,

It appears there is some unexpected (or at least unusual) behaviour in AXL/CUCM in this area that will require log analysis and engineering escalation - I suggest opening a DevNet Developer Support ticket to ensure this receives the proper attention: Cisco DevNet: Support

fabien.bonic
Level 5
Level 5

I think I have found the cause of this problem: I didn't set any "registrationServer". If I do the same request with a "registrationServer", the role is correctly changed on CUCM.

Is the registrationServer mandatory to set role to "Spoke Cluster"?

Thanks,

Yes, w/o defining the a registration server it is unclear which hub the spoke should point to.

fabien.bonic
Level 5
Level 5

In fact there is a curious behavior with the change of the role with the AXL request :

- At the begining the CUCM is "Stand alone cluster"

- I send a request to set to "Hub" without "registration server" -> the CUCM changed to "hub" [OK]

- I send a request to set to "Stand alone" without "registration server" -> the CUCM changed to"spoke" [KO]

- I send a request to set to "Spoke" without "registration server" -> the CUCM changed to "Stand alone" [KO]

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: