Views
Helpful
Replies

AXL limit

mataxl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

in the 11.5 version, is there any read/write limit request on CUCM per second, or its totally dynamic and handled by throttling ?

Is there any algorithm to predict it?

Is it correct to say that the cucm supports 1500 write for minutes? Or did it refer on older version?

Does Cisco intend to change this behavior in future releases?

Thanks

Mattia

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are some hard limits as far as data-size returned by queries, see here: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/axl/#!axl-developer-guide/data-throttling-and-performance

Otherwise reads/writes are throttled dynamically based on current system performance - e.g. calls, admin tasks, other applications using AXL, etc.  Applications should be prepared to handle requests failing with a throttle error, and be able to sanely reschedule/retry/back-off requests to work through resource constrained situations.

The number of updates/min will certainly depend on the type of operation and its impact on the data-size, number of DB tables/rows affected, and any resulting notifications/operations needed by the real-time components of CUCM.

Can you elaborate on the use-case for performing this level of updates..?

thedd
Level 1
Level 1
Usually i wait for a reply to my response so i know cucm has processed my request.
Sometimes i found tomcat to struggle if i sent to many request in a short amount of time.
I then add a short break every 500-1000 requests which works fine for me