cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Upgrade Issues

jrlarkin87
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently using AXL to add phones to Cisco's Unified Call Manager. We've recently upgraded from version 9 of the call manager to version 10.5.  I can still successfully add and remove new devices using AXL. However, if I attempt to remove a device that previously existed, using AXL, I get a item does not exist error. If I attempt to remove the device from the call manager directly it works fine.  I tried updating AXL with the latest and greatest but I am getting the same results. Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?

6 Replies 6

jocreed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

it sounds like maybe since your migration from 9 to 10.5 their might be a replication problem and you have a corrupted entry in your call manager database.

smupadhy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

What AXL API version are you using with CUCM 10.5? Can you post a sample request and response with the detailed error message? If you can attach sanitized AXL log, that will help as well.

Thanks,

jocreed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is a good point made by Smita.  This could be a problem with AXL version you are using with the new call manager.

jocreed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

John,

were you able to check to see which version of AXL you were using?

Thank you,

Jock

jrlarkin87
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Everyone,

I apologize for my failure to respond to this discussion. Things go busy and it kept falling to the back of my mind. At this point we are pretty sure its a licensing issue and are working through the issue with Cisco. On a side note I tested with both versions of the AXL the old and the new. Thanks for willingness to help. Again sorry for the prolonged silence it was incredibly rude on my part.

No worries, thank you for getting back with us.