Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AXL API control of the BLF lamps

Hello,

i am looking for a solution to control the BLF lamps of a Cisco Phone. In the offical AXL API i can not find anything. But it seams possible... the Chefsek solution of the netfarmers.net company controls the Cisco BLF lamps. I saw it in their video: Netfarmers :: Produkte :: ChefSek - Vorzimmerschaltung / Sekretariate

Looks cool to improve IPPS/ AXL Services.

Have anybody an idea how they realized it? Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Tobi

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not aware of any way to independently or directly control the BLF lamps, unfortunately.

The lamps can be configured to automatically update based on shared-line call activity (shared line) or phone presence activity (BLF).  It would theoretically be possible to have an application instantiate some dummy lines (via TAPI/JTAPI and CTI ports) and start/stop 'fake' calls to cause the lamps to light.  It might also be possible to configure a BLF lamp for a dummy line, and use the IM&P Presence Web Service API to force a 'fake' phone presence status update for the line (not so sure about this one.)

If someone can discern the actual approach taken by the referenced app, we may be able to speculate more accurately...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: