cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 12.5 New API?

jwilson
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with our Developers and what was working as an API in CUC 0.5.2 is not in CUC 12.5 (SU6)

Is there a document that spells out the changes?

The entry used to be 

/"<alias>aaydin</alias>

/<firstName>Aydin</firstName>

/<lastName>Aydin</lastName>

/<pkid>e1ce1564-5e11-1567-8828-953e78a8d53b</pkid>

/<DtmfAccessId>5001168</DtmfAccessId>

/</Data>'``` "

But the is an error:  

/"""<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><ErrorDetails>/<errors>/<code>DATA_EXCEPTION</code>/<message>Required parameter cannot be empty. Parameter = [pDtmfAccessId]</message></errors></ErrorDetails>'"""

What is the pDtmfAccessId?  It must be new.

4 Replies 4

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have not encountered this issue...also can't identify anything in the admin UI that would correspond.

What happens if you provide a <pDtmfAccessId> value?  Perhaps it will update the value that <DtmfAccessId> previously updated..?

Regardless, this is either an API or documentation issue - I would recommend opening a case with DevNet Developer Support to take a look at some logs, troubleshoot and escalate to engineering as needed: https://developer.cisco.com/site/support/

Hello. 

Thank you for the response.  We have been putting in the DN with the DtmfAccessID, then just the pDtmfAccessID and even both.  So we tried it a couple of ways with the same error.  I will work on log files, etc. and check out the support link above.  

Thank you.

I just created a new user with a mailbox today (we just recently upgraded from 12.5SU5 to SU6 ourselves). I'm using the Cisco Unity Connection REST .NET SDK (which hasn't been updated in a long time) - so I didn't notice any change and things kept working as usual. Note that I'm creating users based on AD users.

Could it be that the content lacked the dtmfAccessId parameter for the operation tried, and the error refers to how they're internally calling the variable? pDtmfAccessId sounds like one particular way of naming private variables.

Can you post the full request?

Thanks for that test, Stephan. More substance than we've received from DevNet so far, honestly.

The request (to import an LDAP-synced user) is being made via REST API POST to https://serverFQDN/vmrest/import/users/ldap?templateAlias=voicemailusertemplate

Request body:

<Data>
  <alias>aaydin</alias>
  <firstName>Aydin</firstName>
  <lastName>Aydin</lastName>
  <pkid>e1ce1564-5e11-1567-8828-953e78a8d53b</pkid>
  <DtmfAccessId>5001168</DtmfAccessId>
</Data>

Error:

<ErrorDetails>
  <errors>
    <code>DATA_EXCEPTION</code>
    <message>Required parameter cannot be empty. Parameter = [pDtmfAccessId]</message>
  </errors>
</ErrorDetails>

We've tried also adding <pDtmfAccessId> as an explicit attribute in the original call with the same value as <DtmfAccessId> (i.e., extension) but the same error is returned.

I've been unable to find a UI field that is mapped to "pDtmfAccessId" but there do appear to be some instances in the database's stored procedures when I explore using CUDLI (no instances in UnityDirDB whatsoever):

• csp_globaluser_gen_validate (pDtmfAccessId required)
    • (SQL) IF pDtmfAccessId IS NOT NULL AND fn_is_regex_match(pDtmfAccessId::lvarchar, '^[a-zA-Z0-9\-_\.@,:;\+\\%\?\047\(\)~\*]*$'::lvarchar) = 0
      THEN
      EXECUTE PROCEDURE csp_ProcException (pCode = 1148, pMessage = 'Value of table tbl_GlobalUser column DtmfAccessId is invalid.'::lvarchar, pProcName='csp_GlobalUser_gen_Validate');
      END IF
  • csp_globalusercreate
  • csp_globalusermodify
  • csp_globaluserset
  • csp_usermodifysyncedattributes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: