cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Collaborator

CUCM 10 and later License Update Usage Details via API

Hi,

I have been working on some python scripts that allocate owners to devices within CUCM.

Before I do any of this I get the current license usage from CUCM (not PLM) using the SQL request shown below.

SELECT name,value FROM TABLE( FUNCTION LicenseTotals() )(pkid,name,value,UserValue,DeviceValue)
name value
================= =====================
CUWL Standard 24
EnhancedPlus 28
Enhanced 72
Basic 9
Essential 0
TelePresence Room 3
TotalUsers 76
TotalDevices 60
Timestamp 2020-04-24 11:12:15
ElmLastContact 1541032241
Elm NP-L-CUCM1.acme.com

After my script updates device ownership I would like to update the device ownership and re-run the SQL command. The device ownership can be updated by clicking the Update Usage Details button under the CUCM System > License > License Management menu.

My query is can I update the license usage details using AXL? - if not then is there any other way of doing it from a python script?

Note the AXL interface updateLicenseCapabilities is not the answer - this was for pre-9.0 CUCM releases.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: CUCM 10 and later License Update Usage Details via API

So you want to assigne users to be the owner of an device.

After this you want the CUCM to update the Usage Report.

I did not have a look into AXL Documentation yet but why don't you use the Web for this one click?

Highlighted
Collaborator

Re: CUCM 10 and later License Update Usage Details via API

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I need the "click" to take place within the script.

I am using Python 3 to create the script so I guess I could look for a browser automation python library.

A quick search indicates that Selenium might fit the bill - anyone used it to automate CUCM clicks?

This widget could not be displayed.