cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12 RisPort "Last Active" and "Last Registered" columns

sheepate
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how can the "Last Active" and "Last Registered" columns for phones be extracted from CUCM? Is that information saved in database or is that something I can extract using RISService. I could not find what AXL query i could use and the RSIDService wsdl appears to indicate those columns may not be present in the SelectCMDevice response and that is what is observed. CUCM Version 12.5.1.11900-146.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Risport SOAP API does include a 'TimeStamp' field, which will hold the epoch time of the last registration status change.

See this sample repo for a Python-based example: https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/serviceability-python-zeep-samples/

If you are on CUCM v12.5SU2 or higher, you can investigate the database table 'registrationdynamic'.  In addition to the 'datetimestamp' field, there are a 'lastactive' and 'lastseen' fields (see the Data Dictionary )

It should be possible to query this table via the AXL SOAP API <executeSqlQuery> request - the docs aren't too precise on what exactly triggers lactactive/lastseen to update...might bear some experimentation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Risport SOAP API does include a 'TimeStamp' field, which will hold the epoch time of the last registration status change.

See this sample repo for a Python-based example: https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/serviceability-python-zeep-samples/

If you are on CUCM v12.5SU2 or higher, you can investigate the database table 'registrationdynamic'.  In addition to the 'datetimestamp' field, there are a 'lastactive' and 'lastseen' fields (see the Data Dictionary )

It should be possible to query this table via the AXL SOAP API <executeSqlQuery> request - the docs aren't too precise on what exactly triggers lactactive/lastseen to update...might bear some experimentation.

Thanks that helped. Few observations:

1. The "TimeStamp" field available through RIS Port API provides the information since last restart of CCM service and is available in previous versions of CUCM. Restart of CCM clears this information until the device registers again.

2. There were some anomalies in data reported in TimeStamp" field. There are phones registered but the TimeStamp" field showed a timestamp that was 2-14 days old. 

3. The 'lastactive' and 'lastseen' fields which are new in 12.X seems to be updated by CUCM only if the device was in a registered state when the CUCM Database maintenance timer is triggered. Does not work well for mobile devices but works well for IP Phones. May be with future releases there is some improvement in this. 

Hi Sheepate,

Could you find where "Last Active" and "Last Registered" columns? I tried both AXL and RisPort but not work.

show risdb query phone but work only reg or unreg status.

I want to known when phone register report.