Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

getLine api not giving correct DN with EM logged on the device

Hi - With CUCM 10.5 AXL API, 'getLine' is not providing correct Device's Director number when device is logged in with EM profile

Scenario#1:

1. Device type 7941 made register to CUCM without DN

2. user logged onto registered device with EM device profile having line configured as 1234

3. EM login is successful and on device has directory number 1234

4. with 'getPhone' AXL api retrieved device's line associated directory number uuid

5. with retrieved uuid sent getLine AXL request

response doesn't have lines information, its empty tag.

Scenario#2:

1. Device is registered and have 7890 directory number

2. user logged onto device with EM profile having line configured as 3456

3. EM login is successful and device now got 3456 directory number

retrieved uuid associated to directory number as above and sent getLine request. Line's pattern received as 7890 instead of 3456.

Above 2 scenarios working correctly when tested with CUCM7.0.1.11000-2. Is there any change in response for getLine api or am I missing something.

Also JTAPI correctly reporting terminal addresses post EM login both 10.5 and 7.0

Thank you

regards

IC

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can confirm the behaviour on my 10.5 system: <getPhone><lines> returns the lines configured on the device itself, not the current lines from the extension mobility profile logged in (if any.)

However, AFAIK, this is the intended behaviour - it sounds like perhaps the behaviour on 7.x was different (possibly defective?)  Unfortunately I do not have a system that old to test on.

If you are looking to determine the lines active on the phone when/if logged in, you can check the <getPhone><currentProfileName> element's uuid attribute: if this element/attribute is null the phone is not logged into, if the uuid attribute is present you can perform a <getPhone> with the uuid to retrieve the device profile (and associated lines) currently logged into the device.

Hi dstaudt - Thank you for looking into this. Do you think there is/was a change in getPhone API to fetch line UUID in recent releases. I am sure it worked(returned EM profile lines) on CUCM8.X. Will share results on 8.X.

Thank you

IC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: