cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to dis-assoicate and re-assoicate a device to an App user ?.

r.boloor.rao
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to AXL need some help. We face issue in contact center of Agents login failure with error 12005 . Usual trick is to dis-assoicate the phone from PG user and re-associate. Need to develop a script (AXL) to perform the same. which method should be used for this ?.

Thanks in Advance.

4 Replies 4

TDoan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Raghavendra,

You can use AXL addUser,updateUser to associate or disassociate a device.

I hope this would help you.

Regards

Thuy Doan

I think update user lets you add device to users but not remove. If I have to use that then I have to delete user then add user and update user with all the device name. I can not do this as I need to run this script during prod hours at contact center. I can not delete the PG User which would result in all the phones to dis-associate.

<updateUser> allows you to specify a new list of <associatedDevices> (wherein you can have added or removed individual devices), however I believe the way this gets implemented is that the system first removes all associated devices, and then immediately re-associates all the devices in the newly provied list.  This could have undesired effects, though might bear some testing.

One other possibility would be to use <executeSqlUpdate> to directly remove and re-add just the single desired user<->device association from the 'enduserdevicemap' table.  (Generally, database triggers will cause the system to affect the real-time changes needed to reflect such direct database manipulations, however sometimes those notifications are handled in the AXL layer - you may need to test to see this behaves as desired.)

thedd
Level 1
Level 1

I would built the XMl like this:

<userid>$UserID</userid>

<associatedDevices><device>$CSF/Jabber</device></associatedDevices>

<phoneProfiles>

<profileName>$userDeviceProfile</profileName>

</phoneProfiles>   

<ctiControlledDeviceProfiles>

<profileName>$userDeviceProfile</profileName>

</ctiControlledDeviceProfiles>

If you leave the part $CSF/Jabber or $userDeviceProfile empty it will be disassociated
If you recall the XML with the correct parameter set to this tags it will be associated again