I can't find the tag <ipccExtension> from 8.x or 9.x schema. It seems only exists in 7.1 and 10.x and later release as uuid. Is this mean the field is not supported in 8.x and 9.x AXL?
I send the following request and get successful response but didn't change the value.
It looks like that is indeed the case - not aware of the historical reasons why this might be.
Doing some sleuthing and testing, it looks like the relationship is present in the 'endusernumplanmap' table, where records for IPCC extension association are marked with 'tkdnusage'=2 (DN_USAGE_ICD ICD) - you should be able to update this table to add/remove the setting in all versions via SQL and <executeSqlUpdate>
I am having problem with IPCC extension field setting in 10.5 release. I open the TAC case but I am not getting response.
I am trying to set the IPCC extension using updateUser request but does not get set in the CUCM server. Do you know any existing problem in 10.5?
From what I can tell, using <updateUser> and updating <ippcExtension> only works if you provide the DN value, as opposed to using the uuid attribute.
This might be a defect...
Also note the extension needs to be a line that exists on one of the user's existing associated devices.
Thanks for the reply.
Here is the request I am sending. The CUCM system is LDAP sync. The user has 2 phones and 1 device profile. The line used in IPCC is assigned to device profile line 2.
I do have the axl log if you want to see them.
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<faultstring>User is not associated with this line.</faultstring>
<axlmessage>User is not associated with this line.</axlmessage>
User is not associated with this line.
I can only get it to work using this form:
The form where you have <pattern> and <routePartitionName> doesn't work - I suspect those elements are being ignored.
I also confirmed that due to the limitations of the form above that works, it is not possible to disambiguate between the same DN in different partitions. I think this particular functionality is pretty broken, and recommend pursuing the DevNet ticket. If you can let me know the ticket # I can followup/escalate it for you.
As mentioned earlier in the thread, you may be able to work around this via manipulating data via <executeSqlUpdate>.
I hate to bother you about this again. I am getting any response from TAC about this case. The customer is asking about the status of the problem. Support is saying the case was escalated to dev team but no answer from the dev team. It has been more than 2 months since I open the case.
The case number is 1041 and was opened 9/30/2106.
Thanks a lot.
Thanks for that note...
I am running into this issue on CUCM 11.5, I find it annoying that you cant specify the partition..
I'm glad I am not alone!
Hmm...per the schema, the UUID attribute form is supposed to be the correct one. Perhaps this is now 'fixed' (and will stay consistent) in 12.0 on...