Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue While Streaming Active Call from Mediasense with RTSP Url

Hello Everyone,

I am working with Live Monitoring of Active Calls. I am facing an issue while using RTSP Url for live streaming. When I play RTSP Url with some tool I am hearing just Agent's voice (just one stream) while I am unable to hear customer's voice (one on other end). Here is sample streaming URL:

rtsp://username:password@machine_ip/42331536059e9f21

With this I should be able to hear both strems becuase I am not using any particular track at the end of this url. We normally get one track when we mention it in Url like this:

rtsp://username:password@machine_ip/42331536059e9f21-TRACK0/1

So, when I am not specifying any track then why I am getting just one stream?

Please consider the following important points:

1. When I play the same active call from Mediasense Search & Play application, I hear the stream of both participants
  2. I am using FFMPEG (ffplay) library to play active call using RTSP url.

Note: We were able to hear the both streams but I think, after deploying secondary mediasense server with first one we started getting this scenario (but still, after cluster deployment live monitoring is working fine in mediasense search and play application)

Is there any well-known bug? Or I am missing something? thanks

dadawes dlender manisgu3 pnijhawa anilv hariskum

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bilal,

I am not sure if you were waiting for my response. But Yes, the URL without the Track information should stream both tracks.

VLC gives distortion sometimes but Quick Time works fine for me usually.

Also you can attach the wireshark captures that were requested, and while providing the same keep them limited to a single streaming attempted, and also provide me the Session-Id for the call it was attempted.

Thanks

Nitin Singh

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nitinsi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bilal,

I am Nitin Singh from the MediaSense Support Team and shall work with you on this issue you are observing.

This is a working scenario here. And Yes it very much works fine on the Search & Play as well.

What is the MediaSense version that you are using ?

Can you please provide me a packet capture of the complete duration when you hit the RTSP URL and complete recording has played   ( nitinsi@cisco.com ).

Please Note: You need to take the packet capture from the machine where you are using your tool from. We need to capture the signaling between the player and the MediaSense here.

Also let me know what is your observation while using other supported players like QuickTime or VLC ?

Is that also observing issue ?

Thanks

Nitin Singh

nitinsi@cisco.com

Dear Singh,

thanks for coming back and your assistance.

We are using v10.5 of Mediasense. We observed this scenario with FFMPEG for

now, as we were unable to stream with VLC or Quick Time as it gives stream

with a lot of distortions.

And we will share packet capture with you in a while. But, if we are not

mentioning any track then it should play both and as I described here that

it was working fine before.

Hi Bilal,

I am not sure if you were waiting for my response. But Yes, the URL without the Track information should stream both tracks.

VLC gives distortion sometimes but Quick Time works fine for me usually.

Also you can attach the wireshark captures that were requested, and while providing the same keep them limited to a single streaming attempted, and also provide me the Session-Id for the call it was attempted.

Thanks

Nitin Singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: