cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost tags with upgrade to v. 11.5

ivan.karagodine
Level 1
Level 1

We have  UCCX version 10.6  in production and  everything works as expected. On our development system we have upgraded everything (CUCM, UCCX, Media Sense) to version 11.5. We were waiting for all the new features  and filtering recordings by tags inside of Finesse gadget was one of them, specifically we needed supervisors access to only her/his team recordings. However, as soon UCCX gets upgraded to 11.5 we lost tags for new call recordings on Media Sense. We are talking to TAC engineer ATM and  in the logs he can see that a call XRefci cannot be resolved by UCCX. Does anybody else has similar problem? How wide spread the issue is? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

Ivan,

We found a problem in the communication between the Finesse and MediaSense servers. Cisco is working on a fix for this.

Meanwhile, have you upgradeed both Finesse and MediaSense to 11.5 versions?

The new AgentInfo gadget in 11.5 will let you now have most of the data for the tags available as metadata fields on MediaSense searches.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

Ivan,

We found a problem in the communication between the Finesse and MediaSense servers. Cisco is working on a fix for this.

Meanwhile, have you upgradeed both Finesse and MediaSense to 11.5 versions?

The new AgentInfo gadget in 11.5 will let you now have most of the data for the tags available as metadata fields on MediaSense searches.

Thanks,

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your reply. We actually just got the update from TAC and applied it on our test system yesterday. We couldn't update our production because of the bug, but we have everything v.11.5 on out dev. system. the update had fixed the missing tag issue. I found it strange though that after the update looking in Media Sense Search and Play (and Finesse Manage Recordings gadget) the metadata with tags (and I assume the underlying json object) starts with "Tag" keyword while in old version that was "Tags". To me that is important difference. Will we have our existing records created with v 10.6 (and with "Tags" keyword) still visible after update to v 11.5 in production? Will Calabrio still work with new version of Media Sense?  I guess I will have to modify our own application that uses Media Sense API, but that's an easy part. I am just amused by unnecessary from my point of view change that may create so many complications.

Thanks for pointing this out Ivan. I will ask the engineers to find a way to correct this. We should not be breaking integration's.

Hi Anil,

I actually looked at Media Sense API response and json still has 'tags' keyword. It appears that  the 'tag'  is only displayed  by the 'search and play'  GUI. It still would be preferable not to have the discrepancy as it could be confusing , but generally  it probably will not break anything. It doesn't break my application. I cannot test it with Calabrio as we don't have Calabrio in our dev system.

Ivan,

Thanks for doing this extra validation.

cCalabrio should work fine as they are using the MediaSense REST API for their integration.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: