cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

removeDeviceProfile results to "item not valid"

dragonflysg77
Level 1
Level 1

A little help please, ive spent all day already on this and it looks rather simple, but i just couldn't find where to look at.

1) I can create and update a deviceprofile using the AXL commands "addDeviceProfile" and "updateDeviceProfile"

2) What is not working for me is when i issue a "removeDeviceProfile" (ive just changed the values of uuid and name below but i confirm the original ones do exists)

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/' xmlns:ns='http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/8.5'>

<soapenv:Header/>

<soapenv:Body>

<ns:removeDeviceProfile sequence='1234'>

<uuid>{12345-67890-12345-AB1234-13456}</uuid>

<name>ab1234</name>

</ns:removeDeviceProfile>

</soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

3) Im just getting this result:

<axl:code<5007></axl>code<axl:message>Item not valid:The specified null was not found</axl>

4) note that if i use the same AXL command above (change 'removeDeviceProfile' to 'updateDeviceProfile' and specify an attribute to change (i.e. description), i can change the description successfully).. hence just to establish nothing wrong with the SOAP string.

5) i read that the parameters outlined in the removeDeviceProfile AXL link specifies only name and uuid, but it appears to me, its missing another parameter.. ive tried searching on google and on cisco community, but i have not found any sample for removing deviceprofiles.

can you help to point me out what is it im missing?

2 Replies 2

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'll test this if I can (8.5 is well past end-of-life), but I noticed you included both name and uuid.  You're supposed to choose one or the other.  Using both works fine on 10.5, but you're really only supposed to choose either the name or the uuid. 

Hello Nicholas,

thanks for the reply.

I was able to solve it and had found what the cause was

We have multiple Call Managers with different versions.

Apparently, the one im targeting is an old version 7.1.. and the parameters in there is not "name" but rather "profileName"

and the"uuid" is I think "profileuid", hence the error correctly says "the specified null is invalid"  because I wasn't specifying the correct parameters

Also, on headers, I have to specifically specify "SOAPAction", "CUCM:DB ver=7.1 removeDeviceProfile" for this to work, otherwise, it will throw the same error.

For the benefit of the others, a useful way to learn about this is to use the AXLAPI.wsdl + SOAPUI together.