Views
Helpful
Replies

Understanding CDRs on CUCM

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am currently writing an application that will list CDR flat files and fetch those files from a publisher.  I seem to be connecting and retrieving lists and files fin through SOAP, but I would like some clarification from the documentation in Cisco Unified Communications Manager XML Developers Guide.

There are two operations that can be used - get_file_list and get_file;

1) get_file_list - There are three parameters; "Start Time", "End Time", and "Where to get files from".  "Where to get files from" is a boolean value (true or false).  Does this mean that the value used for this should be, literally, "True" and "False" or "1" and "0"?  When I set it, it does not seem to make a difference.

From the document;

True = Include both files that were sent successfully and files that failed to be sent.

False = Send only the files that failed to be sent. Do not include files that were sent successfully.

2) get_file - There are six parameters, the sixth one is called SecureTFTP and is boolean again.  Same question as before, what should this value be set to?

3) As a general question, each flat file doesn't seem to contain a lot of data.  What is the logic to the flat file system?  How often is a new one created?  Is it based on time or activity or both?

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

get_file_list - The 'Where to get the files from' parameter refers to the CDR 'push' service of UCM, whereby up to 3 targets (application servers) can be defined for automatic periodic FTP delivery of CDR files.  The system keeps track of all CDR files as they are delivered - if any file has not been sent (for example of the FTP target was not reachable), it will be returned if this parameter is 'false'.  The element is of type xsd:boolean, 'true' and 'false' should work.

get_file - The 'SecureFTP' parameter indicates that the file transmission should be made using the SSH-FTP protocol (vs. standard FTP protocol).

CDR files - By default CDR files are written every minute, collected from Sub->Pub every minute, and pushed to FTP targets every minute