Level 1
Level 1

Hi

iam starting with 5 places in my City

distance of 5KM each site

to start with Metro Ethernet

and Ring

Does 3750 support Ring protections

if not what product i need to buy to protect ring , as well as bandwidth control at end point only.

ram

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

I feel the protection which you are expecting totally depends on the kinda connectivity which your gonna use up here to connect your device.

Assuming fiber connectivity to all thse switches you can very well bring them in a ring based topology.

But do remember to take care of the future expansion as well the current b/w requirement per location.

Do revert how r u gonna scale up your distribution or core layer ?

which equipments your gonna use up there ?

also the kinda topology you have in ur mind for the same...

regds

Hi

thanks for the reply

ya, iam trying to use all connected with Fiber

at this moment iam thinking about to serve all of them DSL Services (including voice, video, and data)

later may be MPLS/VPN Services too

ram

Hi ram

It also depends on the financial constraints u may have in getting the correct euqipments in place for the kinda network you are planning..

I have got some experice with DSLAM from where the end users get connected.

basically the end users traffic gets aggregated and will be carried to the next level which can be again your switch and then to your G/W router or so.

But ofcourse u need to keep the security part as well as the AAA,billing stuffs in mind.

i have already posted out a link in response to your other mail one the same line do chek that out.

once you are clear and sure about the topo and the equipement selection you still can discuss,debate or compare the performance level in brief.

regds