cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR920 EVPLAN Configuration

nwilson.network
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to carrier class ethernet, but I'm trying to understand what I'm needing to do. I don't know if I'm looking at the wrong solutions, or just misunderstanding the implementation. 

I have an ASR920. We will be slowly moving everything to carrier class over the next 5 or so years. Right now I have a trunk port on a pair of 6504s I'd like to connect as the uplink to the ASR920. 

I need to accept all VLANs from the 6504s, but I need to spit some of those VLANs out on the 920 gig ports as untagged access ports. I also need to carry some of those VLANS out other ports. Is EVPLAN the right solution? Or should I be looking elsewhere? We have an adtran environment, but that config for doing something like this is incredibly easy. So I feel like I'm just misunderstanding the change in verbage.

For a while today I was exploring configuring each of those ports as C-UNI, but that didn't seem to work. 

Is there any good Cisco books for learning carrier class configuration? 

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

rehernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wilson,

Maybe this solution could help you.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/asr920-vlan-tagging/m-p/3854220

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: