Metro

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Here's the setup: Cisco 7204 router connect to a ME3400 via 100Mb. M3400 has a 1000Mb fiber connection to a MUX. The MUX, via SONET transport, has 100Mb connection to remote switch, a 6509. Remote switch can see the ME3400 via cdp. ME3400 can't see ...

Hi,We are a transit ISP. Presently we have one uplink, next month we are going to be multihomed.At that time one of our customer wants to use both our service providers thru us.Please advice the possible connections for my customer to use our 2 upstr...

Hi,Cisco has introduced new flavour of Sup720=Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720 with 10 Gigabit Ethernet Uplinks called Sup720-10GE. Does it support CatOS ?Regards,Chintan

Hi,does anyone of you know if you can use a Cisco 7200 as a BRAS? We were told it is possible, but I am not able to find an IOS image with PPPoE support.Any pointers are welcome.TIANaNa

nanacisco by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are in the process of purchasing the Cataylst 3750-E switches with 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks, and are getting conflicting reports on the Cisco warranty on these. Can anyone provide me with details or a link on if Cisco has a lifetime warranty o...

pizzov by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

is there a rule of thumb when it comes to cleaning up tail drops? Obviously the lower the better, but that does introduce latency... I know TCP is pretty resilient, but at what point is the breaking point when you have a customer who just floods thei...

Hello.Our network is based on Cisco7600 with WS-X6748-SFP modules.As optical transceiver we use gigabitethernet GLC (1000Base-X).In order to reduce costs can we use Fastethernet GLC 100Base-X?Thx

pbenin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm looking into deploying a couple ME-3400G-12CS-A metro ethernet switches in our network. All the features listed on data sheet look great, however IPv6 support appears to be missing.Assuming the ME 3400 series does not support IPv6, will IP...

haesu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have been using the 'shape average' command for our traffic shaping on our output side for the bandwidth we sell to customers. It seems that this might not be the best way to traffic shape a rate (like 15meg) to a customer. After doing much resear...

Hello,We have several 3750MEs with the latest IOS 12.2(40)SE. We experience some annoying packet loss (around 1% or less) on any FastEthernet port no meter of its mode (we have almost all standard scenarios - trunk with sever vlans just passing the s...

Customer side Metro 3400 switch:Port is 100Mb, Vlan 80 is 80MbCIR, Vlan81 is 10MbCIRwant to shape each vlan down to CIRwhat is best configuration to do this? Here is what I tried...class-map match-all vlan81 match vlan 81class-map match-all vlan80...

4mellis by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ME3750 Licensing

Hi folksHow do you tell wich license you have installed on your ME3750?I can see there is a few different licensing options for this switch, but only the EMI image available on CCO...Is there a license key, or is this based on trust only?L@rs

Dear All, Kindly let me know on what basis does policing is done on ME3400 & C3550.1. L2 Ethernet Frame ( including Preamble, SFD & FCS)2. L2 Ethernet Frame inlucding Preamble, SFD3. L2 Ethernet Frame excluding Preamble, SFD4. L2 Ethernet Fra...