Metro

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Hello Freinds, Need some help.. I am new to MGX's and I want to understand the theory behind it and CLI because it’s so different then CISCO CLI. Plz help me if anyone know any URL on CISCO site, which can help me to understand this. Thanks Rits

rthakker by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am wondering on how to implement a backup procedure in case our MAN ever goes down. One solution is to have a redunant MAN but unfortunately the cost is too much. The remote office is on the same subnet as our corporate office. We still have a ...

Hi,Anybody know about the Huawei SDH networks (OptiX 2500+ or other)?I need information about the modules that works on their systems for STM-1 and STM-4 (modules name and number ports per their cards).I would be grateful if you help me.Kind Regards,...

mehrdad by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have some question about the support of MPLS over DPT on GSR plattform. DPT is supported since 12.0(9)ST. Can DPT understand the EXP fied, and recopy it in the SRP Priority field?Can DPT face congestion problem, in case of mismatch in the nex...

p.jestin by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are building a large Metro ethernet Network . The topology consists of BN ( cat 3550 switches ) on a GIG ethernet ring . We intend to use 14 Building node (3550)siwtches in the ring and then aggregate the Gigabit ring onto a 7609 at the Aggregatio...

Hi, I'm trying to use EoMPLS to connect two VLANS located on different Gigabit Ethernet Rings. The EoMPLS tunnel was created between Cisco 6500 and Cisco 10700.Using the same VLAN ID on both sides of EoMPLS tunnel I don`t have any problem but when I ...

msuga by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello I have a question,One GSR running IOS 12.0(17)S and CPU rate is below 10%.Now I upgraded this GSR to 12.0(26)S which is newnest version on CCO.Now I found that the CPU rate on grp is above 90%.the most part of CPU is used by process ip input....

ji.xie by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiWhat options do I have when implementing QoS in a MetroEthernet network.We plan to run the followingan MPLS core, with non-mpls access rings.We are looking to implement QinQThanks

HiI have a customer who is demanding for mac address authentication to access the metro network. Basically its a broadband network having ethernet, cable and DSL connections. The end user PC is connected to any these connections. During initial regis...

Hi,Just would like to understand if Metro-ethernet has the same security level as FR and ATM ? Metro-ethernet has broadcast nature and it seems mirroring ethernet frame is much more easier than FR and ATM . Is there any study onto the security issues...

lorcs by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has any one done any billing using 802.1X or PPPOE and implemented it over a switched metro network any config suggestions ???? for PPPOE over a metro network and the billing Regards