Views
Helpful
Replies

Building metro ethernet using cat3750

mazlan.alatif
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am Mazlan and work for one of ISP in Malaysia. We would like to discover metro ethernet technologies.

We would like to use our current backbone network to create this metro network and we are planning to use cat3750.

The design is something like this.

R1--cat3750--RA--[WAN}--RB--cat3750--R2

R1 and R2 is in different location but will be running on same VLAN (with help of cat3750). Let say there is customer connected to R1 and their branch at R2, they will only feel they are in same LAN, but actly they are in different location.

We need some opinion of builidng this network. I need help for the configuration in cat3750 as well in the router. We have no experince in this technologies.

Perhaps somebody whos is interested to help me out can email me at mazlan@jaring.my

Your help is highly appriciated.

--mazlan

2 Replies 2

Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Series QoS technology facilitates the management of network performance with respect to bandwidth, delay, jitter, and packet loss, which are critical to optimizing application performance and meeting SLAs. The switch supports the Cisco Hierarchical Queuing Framework (HQF), which includes traffic classification, two-rate three-color policing, Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ), Low-Latency Queuing (LLQ), and traffic shaping on the output of the enhanced services ports. The hierarchical implementation of this framework enables service providers to manage their QoS at three different levels: at the physical interface level (enhanced services ports), the VLAN level (VLANs within each port), and marked class level (classes with each VLAN), providing the most granularity and flexibility to deliver their SLAs. In addition, congestion avoidance techniques such as Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED) and tail drop are supported to better regulate network traffic and prevent congestion