Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ANA 3.7.2 Licensing

mazloumi.arash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have to prepare a part numbers for cisco ANA 3.7.2 in HA environment but i'm completely confused

in cisco dynamic configuration tool i cant find HA license for ANA Gateway

in design document we have a main site that contain 4 servers (1x ANA GW, 1x ANA DB, 2x ANA Unit) and in backup site we have 2 servers (1x ANA GW & DB , 1x ANA Unit)

shoud i order one set of license for main site only or order 2 set of license one for main site and one for backup site?

in this case how to order VNE (RTM) Licenses?

because we must enter gateway server HostID for server license,

i don't know what to do,

would you please help me,

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

According to the documentation at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/active_network_abstraction/3.7.2/installation/guide/372_high_availability_ig.html, for geographical HA:

Software Requirements for Geographical Redundancy

For geographical redundancy, the cluster consists of two nodes at the  local site and a single node at the remote site, for a total of three  nodes. Each node has the following software requirements:

1 x ANA Starter Kit.

1 x Storage Foundation Enterprise HA/DR for Oracle, Solaris v5.1 (licensing is either per server or per CPU), including:

Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) Release 5.1.

Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) Release 5.1.

Veritas Cluster Server Oracle Agent Release 5.1.

3 x Veritas Cluster Server Global Cluster option, Solaris.

3  x Veritas Volume Replicator (VVR) Release 5.1 (if you are using  software-based replication), or software licenses for storage-based data  replication (SAN or NAS).

Solaris 10 operating system that meets the Cisco ANA gateway software requirements, plus all recommended Solaris 10 patches.

So, for the Gateway Geo HA option, you need one ANA Starter Kit per node. If you are adding only one additional node, on the remote site, you would need one additional ANA-372-K9 to be ordered.

I would recommend you to double check it with your Cisco account representative.

Cheers, Gustavo

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Andre Gustavo Albuquerque
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is it a new setup?

If it is, use Cisco Prime Network 3.8 instead. ANA is being rebranded to Prime Network.

To configure it, use the P/N PRIME-3-NETWORK-K9 and select the options inside it. The license for the standby gateway is NETWORK-3.8-SBY-K9.

If you must order 3.7, use ANA-37-SOFTWARE and select options inside it. It has the P/N ANA-3-UHS for Unit redundancy. There is a white paper describing ANA HA solutions at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps8203/ps6776/prod_white_paper0900aecd80645971.html

HTH, Gustavo

dear andre

no it is not a new setup

currently we have a standalone ANA 3.7.2 setup with a ANA-3-UHS license and some RTM license

now we want to add a backup site  ( geographical HA )

I want to know whether we must buy a new license for backup site or we can use the current license ?!

thanks

According to the documentation at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/active_network_abstraction/3.7.2/installation/guide/372_high_availability_ig.html, for geographical HA:

Software Requirements for Geographical Redundancy

For geographical redundancy, the cluster consists of two nodes at the  local site and a single node at the remote site, for a total of three  nodes. Each node has the following software requirements:

1 x ANA Starter Kit.

1 x Storage Foundation Enterprise HA/DR for Oracle, Solaris v5.1 (licensing is either per server or per CPU), including:

Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) Release 5.1.

Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) Release 5.1.

Veritas Cluster Server Oracle Agent Release 5.1.

3 x Veritas Cluster Server Global Cluster option, Solaris.

3  x Veritas Volume Replicator (VVR) Release 5.1 (if you are using  software-based replication), or software licenses for storage-based data  replication (SAN or NAS).

Solaris 10 operating system that meets the Cisco ANA gateway software requirements, plus all recommended Solaris 10 patches.

So, for the Gateway Geo HA option, you need one ANA Starter Kit per node. If you are adding only one additional node, on the remote site, you would need one additional ANA-372-K9 to be ordered.

I would recommend you to double check it with your Cisco account representative.

Cheers, Gustavo

Dear Andre

I have another question

Can i use HP Storage solution for storage part of ANA storage requirements?

If its possible how can i get complete information about that.

Thanks In Advance

A.Mazloumi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: