Helpful
Replies

duplex mismatch problem

sivakondalarao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have connectivity like this:

customer switch forced to 100Mbps/Full duplex----------My end ME-3400-24TS-D configured for Auto negotiation.

ME-3400 negotiating with 100Mbps/Half duplex.

Customer facing CRC. Forced ME-3400 to 100Mbps/Full duplex, but link is not coming up.

ME-3400 IOS is me340x-metroaccess-mz.122-44.SE.bin

Is it bug related issue?

Regards

SKRAO

6 Replies 6

sjamison76
Level 1
Level 1

Have had the same problem. Make sure you both force the link to the speed/duplex you want.

If you still have CRC issues on the line, usually its a cable issue. You can use the following command to test the cable.

This does take the port down when you do this for a few seconds:

'test cable-diag tdr int xx/xx'

'show cable-diag tdr' for results

Hi,

After forcing both ends to 100Mbps/Full Duplex, link is showing down.

Regards

SKRAO

Were you able to fix this issue so that both sides could be hard-coded to full duplex? I'm having the same problem...

Did you try the cable commands to make sure the cable wasn't the problem?

Hi SummerD,

No, we didn't check the cable. It is customer connectivity issue with us. I don't know how that ticket is closed.

Regards

Siva K

jdcardenas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I´ve been having the same problem whe trying to bring up a link between a gigabitethernet port using the UTP connector and a fastethernet port on a Huawei SW...the only way it works in full duplex /100 is when both sides are auto.

any idea whats the cause of this behavior?

My situation ended up being the wrong cable, layer 1- easy fix

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: