cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ethernet CFM Hello PDUs not propagating correctly (Ping only works when initiated from one direction)

ekman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am trying to implement Ethernet CFM and I am experiencing some issues when I connect it over my MPLS setup.

Network setup:

PE1                                                    PE2                       CE

Interface A - ASR901 <------> MPLS <------> ASR901 <------> ME3400 Interface-B

My PE devices are connected together using xconnects under the service instance sub-configuration.

I have configured MEPs in PE1 and CE as Up (CFM interface configuration done on "customer" facing interfaces, Interface-A and Interface-B)

I can see in the MAC address table of the CE the MEP MAC address from PE1, but my renote mpdb is empty.

However on PE1 I successfully receive the ethernet CFM packets and get entries in my remote mpdb for the configured MEP on the CE.

However I cannot ping the CE from the PE even when I have a remote mpdb entry.

Some outputs from my devices

show ethernet cfm maintenance-points remote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MPID Domain Name MacAddress IfSt PtSt
Lvl Domain ID Ingress
RDI MA Name Type Id SrvcInst
EVC Name Age
Local MEP Info
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
20 Testdom CE-MACADDR Up Up
4 Testdom Gi0/3:(1.2.3.4, 2446999446
- testcfm XCON N/A 2446
2446 9s
MPID: 10 Domain: Testdom MA: testcfm

Sending 5 Ethernet CFM loopback messages to CE-MACADDR , timeout is 5 seconds:.....
Success rate is 0 percent (0/5)

However when I ping from my CE to my PE I get successful pings (have to list the MAC address in the ping since I haven't learned the MEP ID).

Using the same MD and MA.

Anyone have any ideas what can be wrong in my configuration? I have also tried to move my MEP from an UP-MEP to a DOWN-MEP (and moving the interface configuration to the interface directly connected to my PE device).

0 Replies 0