cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with selective Q-in-Q??

TravisM_16
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get a VLAN circuit working for a customer over an existing EVPL circuit using selective Q-in-Q. We've been using the EVPL circuit with layer 3 connectivity fine now for almost a year but I can't seem to get this layer 2 VLAN to work.

If you look at this diagram, both Site 1 and Site 2 have NNI interfaces facing the ISP with multiple end points (like hub and spoke). For the EVC between sites we use VLAN 419 as the S-Tag. At Site 1 we are encapsulating our layer 3 connectivity C-Tag (VLAN 3800) into the VLAN 419 S-Tag using the Cisco 2811. At Site 2, the C-Tag is encapsulated on the Cisco 3400ME on the port facing the Cisco 4948 using VLAN mapping command (selective Q-in-Q). This is working fine.

Now I'm trying to encapsulate a C-tag of VLAN 503 that is being used for a customer layer 2 connection into the same S-Tag (VLAN 419) by using the same VLAN mapping command on the 3400ME at Site 1. This doesn't seem to be working. I've also tried a 1-to-1 mapping and also setting up a dot1q-tunnel on the interface and none of them seem to work. Is there anything I'm doing wrong here? It's setup the exact same way at Site 2 and that site is working fine using the same method. I'm at a loss. Here are some of the interface configs from the switches: http://pastebin.com/13YuAdgn

0 Replies 0