Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to downgrade ASR 903 with RSP-2?

Hello

I would like to know how to perfom a downgrade firmware from ASR 903 with RSP-2.

The case is the router already have been upgraded to a newer version IOS and my purpose is to downgrade also the firmware.

There no documentation about this. How can I downgrade the firmware of all IM (Interfase module) exactly how it was on previouse state (before any Upgrade) ?

Need to retourn to a previsous state to perform somes test.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Same as an upgrade.  Copy the IOS into the bootflash, configure the boot variable string (optional), and reboot the chassis.

Hello,

During the IOS upgrade there are some modules interfase (IM) that the hardware are upgraded to a newer firmware version.

I thing that this command is the one to check the version:

show hw-module all fpd

Example:
==== ====================== ====== =============================================
                             H/W   Field Programmable   Current   Min. Required
Slot Card Type               Ver.  Device: "ID-Name"    Version      Version
==== ====================== ====== ================== =========== ==============
 0/0 A900-IMA8S1Z            1.0   32-UEA 8x1G 1x10G     69.22       69.22     
---- ---------------------- ------ ------------------ ----------- --------------
 0/5 A900-IMA8S1Z            1.0   32-UEA 8x1G 1x10G     69.22       69.22     
==== ====================== ====== =============================================

When the IOS upgrade takes place there are some upgrade that RSP need to do with IM.

I not very sure because when I did a upgrade I didn´t cautch the exact information before and after upgrade.

Hello,

Is not the fpd version from the modules (IM, example:A900-IMA8S1Z or A900-IMA2Z ) that is upgraded.

Is something else, because the RSP needed twice reboot before become active.

It´s happening when you upgrade to a uper IOS version, done today and is my conclusion.

This is what I am trying to downgrade because if a repeat this IOS upgrade the RSP card is operative with only one reboot instead of two.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: