Views
Helpful
Replies

ME-3600X-24FS-M anomaly interface down and duplicate SN with other

amdyhanie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I've an issue with UPE-03 ME-3600X-24FS-M interface Gig0/9 carrying L2VPN suddenly down, after changing to another port Gi0/12, Gi0/16 remain same, and try to change ports in neighbor Device the issue still persist.

Then we decide to move link to another UPE-02 ME-3600X-24FS-M with same SFP, and now the port UP and service recovered.

And here is the weird things, if we see the SN, showing same value for both UPE-03 and UPE-02 :

ME3600-UPE-03#show inventory | b GigabitEthernet0/9
NAME: "GigabitEthernet0/9", DESCR: "1000BaseLX SFP"
PID: GLC-LH-SMD , VID: V01 , SN: FNS******MR

ME3600-UPE-02#show inventory | b GigabitEthernet0/11
NAME: "GigabitEthernet0/11", DESCR: "1000BaseLX SFP"
PID: GLC-LH-SMD , VID: V01 , SN: FNS******MR

Now, Our customer push us to find the RCA.

Currently using IOS Version : 

UPE-03#sh ver
Cisco IOS Software, ME360x Software (ME360x-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.3(3)S4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Is there any possible defect with current ME3600x installed with IOS 15.3(3)S4 ?

In paralel we have opened a TAC case.

TAC suggest to change port higher ID than 12, like 13,14,16 but no luck as we did it early in port 12 and 16.

So far TAC still no clue with this issue.

Did you have same issue with similar sympton ? 

Thanks in advance.

BR

AY.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not that i am aware 2 SFP have the same SR number, Either Looks like a bug fo me or  look like a duplicate SFP

TAC suggest to change port higher ID than 12, like 13,14,16 but no luck as we did it early in port 12 and 16.

they are the subject matter of experts for the product, so they need to give you suggestions.

Do you have any other SFP, with that you can try and test ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

amdyhanie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We've got update from onsite team, after performing simulation here we got :

Update tshoot with port Gig0/9, 12, 16 node ME3600-UPE-03
1. We did default interface all ports to clean all config in that interfaces

2. One by one, we tested all affected ports in Production ME3600 as mentioned above with Backup SFP and pair with Backup ME3600 , 

3. The result is good, all ports UP and can ping point to point with Tx and Rx level in range 

So, the conclusion is bad SFP (non cisco SFP installed as per Customer updated), somehow it's make Production ME3600 suddenly "hang" and the port down.

Thanks 

BR

AY

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not that i am aware 2 SFP have the same SR number, Either Looks like a bug fo me or  look like a duplicate SFP

they are the subject matter of experts for the product, so they need to give you suggestions.

Do you have any other SFP, with that you can try and test ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

yes, finally it's solved with changing SFP, my team missed this step, thanks for clarify. 

BR

AY

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What logs are present in UPE-03 when the link went down the first time? 

When moving the optics to different ports in UPE-03, did the switch "recognize" the SFP being OIR?

Unfortunately our onsite team did not have session logged when they did tshoot earlier, that's why we don't have any info, anyway thanks for comment. 

amdyhanie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We've got update from onsite team, after performing simulation here we got :

Update tshoot with port Gig0/9, 12, 16 node ME3600-UPE-03
1. We did default interface all ports to clean all config in that interfaces

2. One by one, we tested all affected ports in Production ME3600 as mentioned above with Backup SFP and pair with Backup ME3600 , 

3. The result is good, all ports UP and can ping point to point with Tx and Rx level in range 

So, the conclusion is bad SFP (non cisco SFP installed as per Customer updated), somehow it's make Production ME3600 suddenly "hang" and the port down.

Thanks 

BR

AY

Good News!!! Thankyou for sharing the solution.