Views
Helpful
Replies

ME3600X PPPoE Intermediate Agent

elliot.j.brown
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm trying to insert pppoe vendor specific attributes (circuit-id/remote-id) into subscriber traffic.  The device that I would like to implement this on is the ME3600X Metro Ethernet switch.

I've found a config guide for the ME3400 switch that outlines how to configure the switch as a PPPoE Intermediate Agent but none of the commands are valid on my ME3600 platform.

I've also found the config guides for setting up DHCP Snooping and modifying/inserting the circuit/remote ID fields in the Option 82 fields however I cannot use these fields to authenticate subscribers based on my BNG & radius combo - it must be PPPoE.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

yashfaqu
Level 1
Level 1

PPPoE IA is not supported on ME-3600.

Where did you see the support document which mentions you can configure it on ME-3600 ?

Hi Yasir,

Thanks for your prompt response, it appears that you are correct.

I haven't seen any documentation stating that the ME-3600 supported PPPoE IA. 

The reason I asked this question is that I did find documentation for the ME-3400 using PPPoE IA.  This and the ability of the ME-3600 to do circuit ID / Remote ID insertion for DHCP option 82 made me think that perhaps I was just missing the documentation for the ME-3600.

Can I ask what documentation you used to definitively say that the ME-3600 does not support PPPoE IA?

Cheers,

hi yashfaqu,

what about the Nexus3000 C3064PQ??
do you know that Nexus 3000 support PPPOE Intermediate Agent or not???

Thanks
mahdi