Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ME3600X: service policy attached to port channel interface

Dear all,

I tried to attach a service policy to a port channel interface of a ME3600X. I received an error message as it's not supported at present time, what I cuould confirm reading IOS 15.3(3)S configuration manuals ('configuring QoS' section):

The switches do not support the service policies attached to the EtherChannel port channels although you can attach them to ports that belong to an EtherChannel as long as there are no EFPs configured on the EtherChannel.

I would be grateful if somebody could confirm me if this feature (service policy on port channel) will be available in any feature release.

Thanks in advance

Octavio

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

daniel.dib
Level 7
Level 7

It's on the roadmap but I'm not sure for which release. See this post from Waris:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/nsp/172730

Daniel Dib

CCIE #37149

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

Some more information from Waris:

"Update on the issues reported for LACP,

LACP QOS - Planned for July 2014.
“multicast ingress to port-channel punted to CPU”  - Fixed in 15.3(3)S1 and available on Cisco.com"

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

That’s right the m-cast ingress to port-channel is finally fixed in 15.3(3)S1 (this time for real !!! )

I have tested it recently and to my relief it even works with the m-cast via MDT tunnel ingress to port-channel –which wasn’t working with the simple ASIC reprograming fixing the incorrect interface pointer (which is the root cause of all the mess).

Waris also mentioned that BFD over LACP should be compatible between XR4.3.0+ and ME3600 using XR cmd “multipath include location <>” for at least one linecard.

Haven’t tested that since we are on 4.2.3 safe harbor where this cmd doesn’t do the magic.

adam

adam

7 Replies 7

daniel.dib
Level 7
Level 7

It's on the roadmap but I'm not sure for which release. See this post from Waris:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/nsp/172730

Daniel Dib

CCIE #37149

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Thank you, Daniel,

It's good to know that, at least, there are plans to include it in future releases.

Regards

Octavio

Adam Vitkovsky
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Octavio,

I recommend staying away from port-channels on me3600x for the time being.

There are still several unresolved pitfalls/bugs concerning port-channels on this platform unfortunately.

adam

adam

Thank you, Adam. Following your suggestion, I am going to focus on lab scenarios and only deploy what it's properly tested and, unfortunatelly, I will dedicate time to review Cisco's bug search tool.

Thank you once again

Octavio

Some more information from Waris:

"Update on the issues reported for LACP,

LACP QOS - Planned for July 2014.
“multicast ingress to port-channel punted to CPU”  - Fixed in 15.3(3)S1 and available on Cisco.com"

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

That’s right the m-cast ingress to port-channel is finally fixed in 15.3(3)S1 (this time for real !!! )

I have tested it recently and to my relief it even works with the m-cast via MDT tunnel ingress to port-channel –which wasn’t working with the simple ASIC reprograming fixing the incorrect interface pointer (which is the root cause of all the mess).

Waris also mentioned that BFD over LACP should be compatible between XR4.3.0+ and ME3600 using XR cmd “multipath include location <>” for at least one linecard.

Haven’t tested that since we are on 4.2.3 safe harbor where this cmd doesn’t do the magic.

adam

adam

Thank you, Daniel and Adam. I really appreciate your help and all this information about ME3600X's roadmap.

Kind regards

Octavio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: