Views
Helpful
Replies

REP together Non-Rep Switch issues

silvio.lui
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've a ring topology where run REP with Cisco ME-34xx and works fine. However I deployment others 'non-REP' switches in this ring. After do it, a fail betwen non-REP switches, dosen't change the REP topology and keeps the Aternated port in Block state, and isolated non-REP switch. I've used "edge no-neighbor" in the edge non-REP, but as the interface that goes down isn't directly connected, REP doesn't recognize the topology change.

How I can use REP in this kind of situation?

Silvio Silva
1 Reply 1

gbonivento
Level 1
Level 1

You cannot!

REP is only able to identify when the 'non-REP' link directly connected to the Edge switch goes down, and with the command "edge no-neighbor" will propagate this information to the REP ring. No way to detect failure behind this link.

Note: you should also activate the command "rep stcn tcp" in your design; it will send a TCN to the STP domain in case of failure in the REP Ring (because also the STP part of your ring should flush the MAC table).

Regards.

Gio.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: