Views
Helpful
Replies

Selective QinQ in ES20

kokulsharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am testing selective QinQ with EoMPLS in ES20.

I am eceiving vlans 30-200 from customer and tagging with outer vlan 250.Then i need to send this to a remote PE over EoMPLS and outer vlan to be stripped out by a switch connecting to remote PE.

Customer_SW(vlan30-200)---ES20(7600)------------GSR---SP_Switch-----Customer_SW(Vlan30-200)

Following is my config in 7600-ES20

!************************************

hostname 7600-ES20

!

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/0
ip arp inspection limit none
no ip address
mls qos trust dscp
service instance 11 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 30-200
  bridge-domain 250

!

interface Vlan250
no ip address
xconnect 1.1.1.1 250250 encapsulation mpls

!

EoMPLS is Up, but 7600 neither getting remote-CE mac address nor sending local-CE mac-address to remote-side..

Is this because inner vlan getting stripped out before sending the frame in EoMPLS circuit (Vlan Mode)?

How this can be achivable?

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

From your topology, it seems on the GSR side you are in QinQ mode and on the 7600 side you are in single .1Q mode.

To make it works, we need to be sure the GSR pop the SP VLAN 250 before transmitting the packet to the PW and we need to be sure the 7600 send the traffic with the customer tag into the PW. To do that, we need to configure the PW with VC-Type 5 on the GSR so it will behave as expected (cmd interworking ethernet). There is nothing to do on the 7600 as it negotiates VC-Type 5 by default. On the 7600, you need to remove the bridge-domain and apply the xconnect on the service-instance directly. EVC interface doesn't touch the packet so there is nothing else to do.

The solution explained above assumes the GSR is configured with a .1Q interface.

HTH

Laurent.