cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic Shape in ethernet - C3750Metro

grequena
Level 1
Level 1

I have a scenario where, one hub site which is connected to metro ether MAN at 1Gbps and spoke sites are connected to metro ether MAN at 100Mbps, in these remote sites variable bandwidths are agreed with service provider: 20Mbps, 40Mbps, etc.

I only want to configure "traffic shape" in my Catalysts because if I don't, these Catalyst use max. speed to transmit (100Mbps when 20Mbps is only permitted) and the network drops my excess traffic.

I don't want to configure anymore (different QoS for differents services, etc.)

Which is the best, and more elegant, way to do it?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

Yes, I think configuring it in Switch is better.

charlestran
Level 1
Level 1

I am interested to see how you configure CAT3750ME for your needs: 1G at central site (via uplink port) and variable bandwidth at remote site (Ethernet ports).

Additionally, central also need access 30Mb Internet.

As the needs changes from time to time, I am looking for flexibility.

Thanks for your helps.

baileja
Level 1
Level 1

access-list 1 permit any

class-map match_metro

match access-group 1

!

policy-map match_metro

class metro_class

police 20000000 2000000 exceed-action drop

!

interface whatever

service-policy input match_metro

This is a just a sample config to achieve what you want, you should check the following link for a more thorough explanation.

Traffic shaping allows you to shape output traffic (egress traffic) on a per-physical port basis. Ucode monitors output traffic to verify that it conforms to the rate configured on the switch router. When excess traffic comes into the switch, the output side of the processor interface applies back pressure and queues the excess traffic in the switch fabric.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080476087.html