cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPLS_L2VPN

garridoe1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i have a network with VPLS, and i have configured one customer with many site in multipoint(EMS), and i need add redundancy on Layer 2 on the HQ office. Thats is possible?. I know that i can make a Etherchannel between the PE and the CE on the same site, but we need the redundancy,links from different PE. Because one PE fail i can have redundancy of the other PE

5 Replies 5

swaroop.potdar
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Everardo,

You can add redundancy on layer 2. If your scenario is like this. If you can put in more details about how your downstream aggreagtion on layer 2, thats is how you aggregate from UPE to NPE, then can help you more with the deployment part of it.

| VPLS Full Mesh |

| Vl10 Vl10 |

| PE1----PE2------|

\ /|

\ / |

\ / |

CE-1 CE-2

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Thanks Swaroop

I am attach to you a configuration of the one site in EMS Multipoint Scenario(N-PE/U-PE), that is the Central Office configuration, and on the CE Equipment is a plain L2 switch i do not have special configuration all site have the same wan address, but diferent lan address on each site.

Regards,

Hi Everardo,

You can implement this redundancy like in the topology given below. But a loop would arise out of this. So to plug that we need to keep one link fowarding at a time from the same Customer switch at the HO location.

To do this we have option of STP, but due to assymetric connectivity of our switch to two layer 2 domains and 2 PE, it would be safe not to use STP and try it our in a live environment. Although if you want you can test the same setup in your lab.

But what would be recommended is as below.

PE2

------

/ \

| -- |

| / \ |

| \PE/ |

\ -- /

/-----

Cust-SW PE1-rs / |

------ ------ / |

/ \ / \ / |

| -- | Primary Link | -- |---/ |

| / \--|- - - - - - - - ------|--/ \ |

| \B / | Flex-Link Pri | \PE/ | VPLS |

\ -- \/ \ -- / ---\ |

------\ ------ \ |

\ \ |

\ \ ------

\ / \

\ | -- |

\ Secondary Link | / \ |

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |-\PE/ |

Flex-Link Standby \ -- /

------

PE3

Topology:

1) Customer CE-HO-SW connects to 2 different PE, directly without UPE devices.

2) Implement Flex links on CE-HO-SW.

3) Link 1 from CE-HO-SW would be in forwarding state connecting to PE1 in VPLS for vlan 1613

4) Link 2 from CE-HO-SW would be in standby state connecting to PE2 in VPLS for vlan 1613.

5) When your one link or primary PE 1 goes down automatically Link 2 comes up and CE-HO-SW is connected through the secondary PE2.

Do test the same and let me know the results,

HTH-Cheers!!

Swaroop

DId u get a chance to implement the method discussed,

If you need any further feedback, respond.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Hi Swaroop

Thanks for that, the next i will test this enviorement and lab and let you know the results

Regards...

Have a nice day