Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

Add Zone Configuration through API via coordinates

Hi,

Is there a way to add zones which contain the coordinates (polygon) through API instead of making use of the GUI(draw zone)?

Thanks.

Filip

Everyone's tags (7)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Add Zone Configuration through API via coordinates

Is this configuration to be done through Cisco Prime???

Thx.

Filip

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I haven't seen a way to modify a map (add a zone) with the REST API.  Zones can be added with CMX and Prime.  I see a note regarding overlapping zones, "Zones cannot be outside the floor map and they cannot overlap. Overlapping zones can be created using Cisco Prime Infrastructure."

Hi Matt,

we want to use CMX to support events!

Each event is of course unique qua layout, meaning zones needs to removed and reconfigured with the corresponding event layout. We would like to do it in a automatic way.  Meaning NOT via the gui but through coordinates.

Thx.

Filip

Frequent Contributor

Filip,

Let me forward the question to the CMX team mailer for an answer.  I'll follow up soon.

An external map editor for the layers Prime/CMX uses would be a nice feature, assuming that the editor would checked the map for errors which CMX does.

Frequent Contributor

Hi Filip,

The question to CMX engineering is:

Customer has a question regarding configuration and maintenance of maps for events.  Customer would like to remove and reconfigure zones on a map for different events.  They would like to do it not via the GUI but through coordinates.

I have not received a reply to the question from CMX engineering, which may indicate that we already have the answer with the assumption that zones are added only via Cisco Prime Infrastructure and CMX GUI.  I will update this post with any new information regarding creating zones as it is available.

Thanks for the question,

Matt

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards
This widget could not be displayed.