cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Beacon Point SDK

Hi all,

I'm interested to develop an application that use Cisco Virtual Beacon.

In this page Virtual Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Beacon Solution - Cisco there is a reference to Beacon Point SDK:

"Beacon Point SDK

Using our solution software developer kit, you can build mobile apps to deliver push notifications, provide turn-by-turn navigation, and capture BLE analytics."

Does anyone know where to find this sdk and some examples?

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Contributor

Re: Beacon Point SDK

Hi Mario,

Currently, the Virtual Beacon SDK is hosted on a GitHub group. 

Please, send me your GitHub id and I will forward it to the appropriate person to add you for access to the SDK.

Note, in the next few weeks the SDK will be posted externally so a group access will not be required.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Matt

Please send id to matfarre@cisco.com

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Cisco Employee

Hi Mario,

Moving your question under CMX Mobility Services for more visibility of Support Engineers.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Beginner

thanks

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

To develop the client side mobile application for Cisco Virtual Beacon the following will be needed, in addition to CMX (Wi-Fi) system.  You will need a least one Cisco Beacon Point appliance (BLE) (1 per 2500 sq. ft.), and the CMX Cloud Beacon Center (Software Defined Beacon). The Virtual Beacon SDK will be distributed with the system.  Also, in addition to creating your own app with the SDK, you can use the Cisco DNA app or a Phunware Partnership for the client side application.

Matt

Additional Information

Cisco Systems has announced a new beacon system to which it says offers high accuracy.  It is part of the company’s CMX mobile platform for providing and analyzing location data.

Cisco Beacon Point uses virtual Bluetooth Low Energy beacons for indoor location services. The solution includes an appliance that can generate up to eight virtual beacons, a cloud-based management dashboard, and a software development kit (SDK) that uses the virtual beacons to determine location.

Cisco Beacon Point (AIR-VBLE1-K9) is a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE version v4.2) beacon point, and

includes a BLE transmitter with 16 antenna in a sector geometry and 1 omni-directional antenna element.

You must connect Cisco Beacon Point Ethernet Port Eth0 to a PoE switch to power on the device. This creates

eight virtual beams that are essential to create virtual beacons. The smart device receives signals from multiple

Cisco Beacon Points with different strengths.

Cisco Beacon Point deployment is similar to any Wi-Fi location based service solution. The recommended

density for deploying Cisco Beacon Point is 1 per 2500 sq.ft. The recommended height for the Cisco Beacon

Point is 13 ft (3.9 m). Cisco Beacon Center requires the correct physical orientation, position, and height of

Cisco Beacon Point for providing clients with indoor navigation, turn-by-turn guidance and proximity messaging

for best indoor navigation experience.

Cisco Beacon Points connect with Cisco Beacon Center over the internet using secure HTTPS protocol. Each

Cisco Beacon Point has a unique IP address just like any enterprise grade networking device. Cisco Beacon

Point should connect with Cisco Beacon Center for management and control. For Cisco Beacon Point to

communicate with the Cisco Beacon Center the port numbers 80 (TCP) and 443 (TCP, UDP) must be open.

System Requirements

CMX Cloud Beacon Center

CMX Cloud Beacon Center manages Cisco Beacon Points and allows the creation of virtual beacons

Cisco Beacon Point

Cisco Beacon Point transmits directional BLE beams to enable virtual beacons

Cisco Virtual Beacon SDK-enabled mobile app

Cisco Virtual Beacon SDK detects BLE beams and interacts with the cloud. The SDK is a required

component and should be integrated into any branded app developed for proximity engagement or

way-finding. SDK is available for the last two major versions of iOS and Android.

See From Niche to Mainstream: Cisco Enhances High Accuracy Location Services for the Enterprise and http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise-networks/datasheet-c78-737904.pdf for additional information and ordering.

Beginner

Hi matthew, thanks for the informations.

My company bought the cisco virtual beacon center and the cisco beacon point, but we not found the Virtual Beacon Sdk,

Can you give me some additional information about where to download sdk?

Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

Hi Mario,

Currently, the Virtual Beacon SDK is hosted on a GitHub group. 

Please, send me your GitHub id and I will forward it to the appropriate person to add you for access to the SDK.

Note, in the next few weeks the SDK will be posted externally so a group access will not be required.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Matt

Please send id to matfarre@cisco.com

View solution in original post

Beginner

I've sent you an email with my GitHub account information.

Thanks Matt.

Cisco Employee

Hi Matthew

I also am looking for the Beacon Point SDK. From the threat, the SDK should be publicly posted by now. Can you help direct me to the resource ?

Thank you!

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Please, send your GitHub id to Padhu bpadhu@entappia.com.

Also include cuong@mist.com or nirmala@mist.com - so more people look at the request and have it enabled sooner.

They will add you to GITHUB group and you can access the SDK.

Please, let us know if you find out the SDK is posted publicly.

Thanks,

Matt

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards
This widget could not be displayed.